Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro-Pickpocketing Suggestion
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:This really does not add anything to the game expect overcomplicating a simple feature as an attempt to add "depth" to the game
Except, you know, that thing where people can be stripped before they react.

It currently takes longer to strip yourself than to strip someone else. That ain't right.
Marquesas Wrote:This suggestion would make things mind-numbingly long and exactly the kind of thing Bay12 would introduce.
Yes, fuel the cross-station hatred. Let's continue this retarded cycle of being purposely different than each other to maintain our fragile egos.

Really, what was the point of your post other than to be a complete asshole?

Either be constructive (your complaint that it would take too long is a start) or don't post at all.

That said, perhaps we could lower the stripping time from 3 seconds to 1 second. After all, the main point here is that they shouldn't stack.
Dauntasa Wrote:Yeah but the they can still strip them of all their gear with them having no way to resist. All they have to do is handcuff them. And the one at a time thing just means that both of them are going to be sitting there for ages as one of them slowly has all their gear stolen.

All it's gonna do is make people wait around forever.
More time for help to arrive, yeah?
UrsulaMejor Wrote:That said, perhaps we could lower the stripping time from 3 seconds to 1 second. After all, the main point here is that they shouldn't stack.
No because then stealing a single item would be completely trivial. Just run up to someone strip whatever piece of clothing you want and then book it.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Marquesas Wrote:This suggestion would make things mind-numbingly long and exactly the kind of thing an unfun person would introduce.
Yes, fuel the cross-station hatred. Let's continue this retarded cycle of being purposely different than each other to maintain our fragile egos.

Really, what was the point of your post other than to be a complete asshole?

Either be constructive (your complaint that it would take too long is a start) or don't post at all.

That said, perhaps we could lower the stripping time from 3 seconds to 1 second. After all, the main point here is that they shouldn't stack.

I guess you have a point. I fixed the quote in my quote to reflect my politically correct opinion on this.
I can't really see a way to make this NOT a lengthy pain-in-the-ass hassle, as far as the one piece at a time stripping goes.

I like the idea of pickpocketing being less noticeable, however.
First off, you guys are kind of exaggerating a bit. Three seconds? In the span of time it takes to sidle up to a knocked-out person, drag their sprite onto yours, click all the items, and wait for Byond's laggy ass to register and time everything out, it's usually at least ten seconds for the first item to be pruned. Sure, not helping much if you're knocked out, but don't act like staff assistants are just walking up to you and stripping you down while you stand there helplessly.

Why not simply add in a "pickpocket" command? Requires the targets to both stand still beside each other, takes longer than a normal strip, and only gets you one thing from their pocket, but has a good chance of not alerting other people. Maybe give it a 15-20% chance of showing red text "Pubbie sticks his hand in Hard Boiled's pocket!" which can be lowered to 10% if you're wearing fingerless gloves.

Also, it is a fact that BS12 and TGstation are unfun and weird, not opinion. v
Captain_Bravo Wrote:Also, it is a fact that BS12 and TGstation are unfun and weird, not opinion. v
opinion. Bay 12 medical is seriously fun to play with, as are the violin, piano, and pAI systems.

in fact, a lot of systems the coders are working on now are essentially adaptations of ideas from tg code.

It's the people that play on bay that make it un fun, not the server itself.
okay now you're just being obnoxious
A: Certain people here occasionally play on Bay,
B: That is not the topic.

I like the idea of pick pocketing, though this sounds a bit overpowered.