Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ttv damage/quantity adjustments
TTVs are horribly underused now. the only time i have seen them used in 3-4 months of actual playing over the last year is when i used them myself or when i was murdered while 90% of the way through making them and someone happened to take one or two and use them.

i think the three issues with TTVs are primarily the following:

1. the damage level of them is capped too low. i have made bombs off and on since 2011 and TTVs are capped at just about their weakest long-term maxcap. back when explosions were square 11x11 and even 13x13 bombs were possible, but now they are limited to 9x9. considering my cumulative experience with trying different mixtures, it is disappointing that a mixture that was previously mediocre is just as effective as a gasmix that requires 5 times the amount of effort. effort and experience are useless with making these now, as even with cancerously bad combustion/bomb mixes you can easily still produce a 9x9 bomb.

2. the number of realistically possible TTVs is 7. there is no way to cross this boundary short of lengthy space exploration. even with 7 bombs strategically placed at chokepoints between departments and detonated simultaneously, it is extremely difficult to disable most of the station just due to the sheer size relative to the bombs' power. donut 2 was a much, much smaller station than cogmap 1/2 and as such anything short of a canister bomb is not going to cause significant casualties.

3. TTVs generally must be placed one by one and concealed before being detonated simultaneously. you cannot realistically detonate them one by one because research will immediately be swarmed after the first detonation. TTVs, even without attachments, cannot be concealed in a container and must be carried to the planting location and concealed without any detection. being detected at any point during this process or having a bomb discovered will ruin the setup. detection is not even difficult, as all it takes is someone examining you to spoil the entire arrangement.

i realize that MANY A YEAR AGO (ie donut 2/mushroom) TTV spam was a running gag and backpacks full of 13x13 bombs were the meta for any traitor who wanted to destroy the station. unfortunately it seems that the nerfs have crippled them to the point where they are generally not worth the 40 minute setup time required to produce all the bombs and individually plant them. people underestimate just how badly bored assistants have a desire to open every locker and eject every disposal chute in sight. i think adjusting any one of these observations would be beneficial to TTVs' usability as an actual weapon instead of a sub-par historical relic

on a related note: you can't even knock people out and plant a bomb in their backpack while they're unconscious anymore. i miss things like that

Messages In This Thread
ttv damage/quantity adjustments - by Rhydic - 06-21-2017, 04:49 PM
RE: ttv damage/quantity adjustments - by Rhydic - 06-21-2017, 07:12 PM
RE: ttv damage/quantity adjustments - by lambskin - 06-21-2017, 07:29 PM
RE: ttv damage/quantity adjustments - by lambskin - 06-21-2017, 08:04 PM
RE: ttv damage/quantity adjustments - by Mordent - 06-21-2017, 09:06 PM
RE: ttv damage/quantity adjustments - by lambskin - 06-21-2017, 09:22 PM
RE: ttv damage/quantity adjustments - by Rhydic - 06-21-2017, 11:36 PM
RE: ttv damage/quantity adjustments - by Berrik - 06-22-2017, 12:46 PM
RE: ttv damage/quantity adjustments - by Rhydic - 06-22-2017, 01:01 PM
RE: ttv damage/quantity adjustments - by CoZardi - 06-23-2017, 06:13 PM
RE: ttv damage/quantity adjustments - by Berrik - 06-23-2017, 08:13 PM