Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ttv damage/quantity adjustments
Beep-Beep, Richie!

On a side note, toxins is the absolute slowest place to make TTVs on cog2. Toxins was practically designed for canbombs.
(06-22-2017, 02:49 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: On a side note, toxins is the absolute slowest place to make TTVs on cog2. Toxins was practically designed for canbombs.

Wait, you can make a TTV outside of toxins???
Engineering has some transfer valves, so you certainly can. You're likely to have a hotter mix too.
(06-22-2017, 01:56 PM)Musketman12 Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 01:01 PM)Rhydic Wrote: if memory serves from back when i did that on mushroom, you have to stand still, activate the sensor, and throw it several tiles away. can you even throw bombs that far anymore? even regardless of that, if you do it with anyone around to see you throw it you're still going to get lynched in about 5 minutes
TTV's can only be thrown 1 tile

I still don't understand why this change was made.

Other than that, I'd be all for making transfer valve bombs more powerful
hello i am going to assume this was never actually done
Ho- this is something I'm interested in but I missed due to a hiatus during most of 2017!

Right, TTVs should probably do with a power increase simply because they are becoming more and more futile all the time, and even for an expert bomb maker it's disappointing to make TTVs when you could alternatively make canbombs in twice the time but you could mass produce endless amounts once Toxins is set up, and 2 canbombs (much less 1 canbomb) are much more powerful than any 5 9x9 TTVs will ever be. Maybe increasing the power of the bombs to maxcap at 13x13 (I'm fine with 11x11) would actually allow bomb makers who want to test for the ultimate mixes able to do that. Perhaps to counter-act the mass meta of TTVs you could make the requirements a bit more extensive than,"my bomb is just plasma and oxygen with no real thinking put to it and it's automatically 9x9!" Also, with the addition of Oshan station, you can only make 3 TTVs out of the Toxins lab with no outside support (same with Destiny) where as other stations have 5 valves and canbombs can't be made on Oshan as of this post and may never be implemented to. Stations are getting bigger and bigger as time goes on and seeing your effort for bomb making result in almost no deaths and minimal damage unless you suicide bomb is honestly disheartening.

Also, maybe making it so you can carry the components for the bomb in your pack but not the fully constructed one would be nice.
Single tank bombs can be used to creatively eject someome from a shift if made properly.

I'm not sure if the actual mixture has changed at all, but it was possible to create a tank that explodes on a single tile with enough force to gib someone. Pretty good if you have a reliable means of getting someone to stand still for a split-second.
Mild change of opinion here. I don't outright hate bombing, but I certainly don't miss theĀ good ol' days where the station was often a bombed out mess by 25 minutes and the bomber was never seen. It's like when Faff n' Co. got murderlaw'd and deleted every floor on the station with thermite and phlog.

Ideally, massive destruction to the station should be a rare and awesome thing. Rather than buffing TTVs, I think it's more worthwhile to nerf what makes them useless. Canbombs, that is. I did lots of tests with them and used them to joke around, but only used them on the station when mindslaved or that one time I whoopsed. They're just too easy and too quick to make on a server where nobody gives a damn.
Id like a Toxins rework to make it an actually useful room for non terrorists or just straight up replace it