Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add a Mapping Section
Hi we should have an area to talk about mapping so that we don't have to secretly hand out maps in dark alleyways.

This is just a reminder to Wire but you you can post your lovely comments anyways.
haha why would you make a post for this you just told me this on irc
(06-20-2017, 07:01 PM)Wire Wrote: haha why would you make a post for this you just told me this on irc

so we could all shout our approval loudly
(06-20-2017, 07:06 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote:
(06-20-2017, 07:01 PM)Wire Wrote: haha why would you make a post for this you just told me this on irc

so we could all shout our approval loudly

Loud approval.
I could certainly use feedback on Butterfly and what to do next.
What are we talking about?
(06-21-2017, 03:23 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: What are we talking about?

Mappers are asking for a new subforum for map making. I think.

Because you said you were in bed, and that you'd forget about it the morning. I said that I'd make a thread to remind you, and now you don't want it! MAKE UP YOUR MIND WIRE! Argh!
It would be nice to have a kind of community standardized legend for drafting. Like, I notice people like pixel maps, so a set list of what colors mean what would be great
But I'm so used to just putting everything in the sprite thread!
How easy is it to build maps in Byond? I've never touched it, but I'm making a pixel map station draft right now
(06-23-2017, 11:30 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: How easy is it to build maps in Byond? I've never touched it, but I'm making a pixel map station draft right now

I wouldn't say it's super difficult, just time consuming and has a lot of little things to play around with. I played around with it in the past, but when I was building Clarion off Dion's map I just sat down and worked through using cog2 as reference mainly.

(also wire plz)
(06-23-2017, 11:30 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: How easy is it to build maps in Byond? I've never touched it, but I'm making a pixel map station draft right now

Not too bad unless you use a 4k monitor, in which case, may God have mercy upon your soul.
It is done! https://forum.ss13.co/forumdisplay.php?fid=37
Yay! Now to fix my resolution so I can play and map again!