Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternate Mousepad Drivers?
Long time no see! I've been gone for... half a year, oof. Been too long, Goonstation.

The reason why is kind of dumb. I got a new laptop for Christmas, and realized it had a huge issue regarding the touchpad. Namely, no matter how much I fiddle with it, I can't use it and WASD at the same time. Considering that

-I always use my laptop in my room,
-My room lacks a table,
-The only table in the entire house is covered in crumbs, filth, and unsorted paper crap

I've, uh, had a bit of trouble being able to play the game to say the least. Efforts to fix the touchpad driver itself have proven fruitless, so you guys being the tech-savvy fellows you are I'm wondering what your recommendations are for alternative means of touchpadding. It should prove useful for however long it takes to get a table for my room.

With love~<3
-NesMettaur

(P.S. Pardon if General Discussion isn't an exact fit for this sort of topic! I'm not sure where it'd fit, though.)
i fixed this by getting a wireless mouse hth
(06-20-2017, 06:31 PM)CaptainBravo Wrote: i fixed this by getting a wireless mouse hth
Kinda, yeah. I do have a wireless mouse, it's just not too useful in-bed.

...well, hmm. Maybe a stack of books or somethin' would do the trick.
I'll see where a wireless mouse gets me, thanks.
hey i have this same issue on my craptop
As a laptop user, fuck touchpads. Can't move them and type at the same time. This is why I always buy a mouse with my laptop.
They make little tables that you can put on your lap that have space for a laptop and mouse.
you can get things that have like, a bean bag on the bottom and a table thing on top, for laptops. big enough for most laptops and a mouse most of the time, and pretty cheap. good for lying down also
yeah whenever I play I just use the back of this big glossy thesaurus that works just fine for a mouse pad when lying down, I just put it to the side and rest the laptop on my legs.

Optimum are those beanbag tabletops, but even then I'd probably opt for leaving it to the side like the aformentioned set up, as thats maximum comfy.
Yeah, man. Just grab a big ol' book, get a wireless mouse, and go to town. That was my tried and true method years ago.

Or you could, ya know... clean off the table.