Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gamemode: Wraith Cult
Some people have mentioned that they'd like to see more wraith rounds, which is difficult, as wraith's not a primary antagonist and generally lacks the ability to independently cause chaos. My solution to this is the wraith cult, where the wraith is paired with a hardmode traitor cultist crew of between 1-5 players. 

Each cultist starts out with an objective, knowledge of their wraith's name and no knowledge of the identities of the other cultists. The wraith starts out knowing the names and jobs of all the cultists, as well as their objectives. Cultists completing objectives will net the wraith bonuses to wraith points, with examples of objectives being: 
  • Sacrifice X crew member to (WRAITHNAME). 

Have a specific person's corpse absorbed by the wraith. Gains a bonus amount of RP compared with the norm. 
  • Summon (WRAITHNAME) into the body of (CREWMEMBER).  

Have the wraith revenant into a specific individual. The revenant created from this is extra-durable and gains a bonus to WP generation. 
  •  Defile X room/location. 

Turn an area into a literal hellhole. Smash lights, break furnishings, splash blood everywhere and leave corpses lying around. Wraiths manifesting in defiled rooms gain bonuses to WP generation, and have a sturdier manifested form.  

For extra fun, members of the cult could be included in the sacrifice and summon objectives. Trust nobody, not even your death-cult murderbuddies. 

The general theme of wraith cult is of loose teamwork, with coordination and communication generally happening through the wraith's whisper ability, and the cultists not being clued in on each other's identity unless the wraith wants to let them know. Wraith summoned objects will not target cult members, and wraith powers as well will not have any effect.

The wraith is reliant on it's cultists to manifest it's powers on the station, and having all of it's cultists killed or de-cult-ed will cause the wraith to de-materialize and die. The wraith must then keep a watchful eye over it's cult members, and bail them out of trouble. Cultist antagonist status can be removed as a very low chance when being beaten by a bible, by using halderperiol (anti-psychotic chemical) or loyalty implants.
I don't think cultist status should be removable at all. In practice if this happens to someone they will probably just immediately suicide because they can't be an antag anymore.
Hm. I agree, cultists should stay cultists.
Thirded but I also think that this is a great way to bring some of the ideas floating around the forums together.
My main reasoning in letting the cultists be de-converted is to give security a way of getting rid of the wraith without executing all of the cultists. Although I guess they could just brig the entire cult and manage to kill the wraith twice, I guess.
Anyone who started the round as a cultist should remain one. But if the cult has any kind of ability to convert/brainwash people you could have an option to de-convert those, seeing as it's basically mindslaving at that point. The original cultists all opted into it.