Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
make wraith show up more often
Traitor, followed by changeling, both show up WAY more than the other antag types, followed by nuke and wizard. Wraith almost never shows up, to the point where some people who have played since it's been out still havn't gotten to be one. Even wiz is a little bit more common, showing up at least once a week.

I have seriously been both a matchoe man and an omnitraitor more times than I have a wraith, goddamn. Hell, OMJ posted in the thread in GD about how little he's been a wraith, and that dude hardly ever logs out of the game.
(06-18-2017, 06:56 PM)Berrik Wrote: Traitor, followed by changeling, both show up WAY more than the other antag types, followed by nuke and wizard. Wraith almost never shows up, to the point where some people who have played since it's been out still havn't gotten to be one. Even wiz is a little bit more common, showing up at least once a week.

I have seriously been both a matchoe man and an omnitraitor more times than I have a wraith, goddamn. Hell, OMJ posted in the thread in GD about how little he's been a wraith, and that dude hardly ever logs out of the game.

actually i've literally never been one
big yes from me but alternatively-heavily beefing up wraith and maintaining the rarity
One thousand time yes. Wraith is too rare.
Yes from me. The only wraith round I ever got was admin-induced.
Well with the antag weighting this might be fixed.
Nope. The weighting topic says that it only affects when people get antag, not what kind it is.
(06-18-2017, 09:01 PM)sen761 Wrote: Well with the antag weighting this might be fixed.

I asked Wire if that meant that wraith would be less rare as a result in the IRC and he said "No"
this is "make wraith more popular" thread number 28, and don't be surprised when a bunch of people come over and say "wraiths only so good cause its so rare"

idea though: force wraith to appear at least once a week/maybe day
(06-18-2017, 11:09 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: idea though: force wraith to appear at least once a week/maybe day

This is far better than waiting two years to play it once and then never again.
(06-18-2017, 11:18 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 11:09 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: idea though: force wraith to appear at least once a week/maybe day

This is far better than waiting two years to play it once and then never again.

lmao ive been playing less than 2 years, probably 1 and a half now? and ive gotten wraith twice. once was admin shenanigans tho
Anything that reduces the weight of changeling is good
Idea: Add a wraith gamemode that's somewhat rarer than Wizard. It'll still be the rarest, and since wraiths need other antags to function, it can have a couple hardmode traitors or something to let the bodies pile up.
I had a suggestion that gave wraiths a better chance to spawn if there were a lot of dead bodies around
(06-19-2017, 09:07 AM)awfulworldkid Wrote: Idea: Add a wraith gamemode that's somewhat rarer than Wizard. It'll still be the rarest, and since wraiths need other antags to function, it can have a couple hardmode traitors or something to let the bodies pile up.

A good idea so long as it's limited to one wraith, multiple wraiths are NOT fun to play against.
I think what needs to happen before wraith can become more commonplace is a serious attempt at rebalancing it so it can function as a solo antag. I'm not saying it's good because it's rare, but I do think that its flaws are less apparent because they're so rarely seen. 100% in favour of more wraith in general though.