Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Add Widescreen mode option to normal play.
This is a weirdly precipitous time for this thread to get bumped...
(10-10-2017, 04:33 AM)Rocket Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 03:22 AM)Sundance Wrote: yeahh after reviewing it, I don't think is this a great idea. Simply because your FoV would wider than taller, meaning you can view further east/west than you can north/south. That would be janky as fuck in terms of gameplay.

Works fine in all the other top down games that exist.
Making widescreen permanent would bring this to at least some modern standard, hell, maybe attract more players. But if you're all so touchy about this, at least make the AI widescreen as the last resort.

A lot of other top down games were made with Widescreen in mind.  Space station isn't exactly a new game.
(10-10-2017, 07:00 AM)Wire Wrote: This is a weirdly precipitous time for this thread to get bumped...

Huh?

Quote:Works fine in all the other top down games that exist.

Making widescreen permanent would bring this to at least some modern standard, hell, maybe attract more players. But if you're all so touchy about this, at least make the AI widescreen as the last resort.

What technature said. 

Also what wire said. Tis a bit of a pipedream. 

But in truth there is also a ton of balancing problems, AI included (do we truly want AI to be an all seeing entity?)

I'd be all in favor of a full screen, integrated chat/command box. But its not possible on byond. If anything, the chat/command box IS byond.
(10-10-2017, 07:00 AM)Wire Wrote: This is a weirdly precipitous time for this thread to get bumped...

I'm curious about that too. Related to the FPS increase or the new AI camera?