Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chemmunity: a collaborative chem project where no suggestion is too dumb
Urinium: Glowing green goo that smells like piss.

Makes you pee when it's in your system. You'll pee out chems too. It's like a sillier calomel that's just piss.
I stole this chem from a thread somewhere, all credit to whoever came up with this first.
(06-18-2017, 03:14 PM)Maegor Wrote: Exilium
A homogeneous deep purple substance
Banishes whoever drinks it to a random telesci location

(06-18-2017, 03:20 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: Unstable Hootagen:

Infects the drinker with a disease that will slowly turn them into an owl.

(06-18-2017, 03:33 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: Ageinium 
a musty gray slime
it increases your character's age

done:
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=9061
Liquid Erebite
Red-Orange color, like how erebite normally is.
When applied to an object, turns the object into a bomb with a three-second timer upon being touched. Size of explosion depends on volume of liquid applied.
In the bloodstream, causes you to explode on death, size scaling with volume. If you have more than 30 units in you, you have a chance of exploding every time you are hit by something, with the chance increasing the more you have. At 100 units, you instantly explode.
(07-14-2017, 08:55 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: Liquid Erebite
Red-Orange color, like how erebite normally is.
When applied to an object, turns the object into a bomb with a three-second timer upon being touched. Size of explosion depends on volume of liquid applied.
In the bloodstream, causes you to explode on death, size scaling with volume. If you have more than 30 units in you, you have a chance of exploding every time you are hit by something, with the chance increasing the more you have. At 100 units, you instantly explode.

this would be hilarious
it'd be nice if sufficient quantities made stuff flash red like erebite, though, i think people would rather dislike having 0 signposting for randomly exploding and dying instantly
(07-14-2017, 10:38 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: this would be hilarious
it'd be nice if sufficient quantities made stuff flash red like erebite, though, i think people would rather dislike having 0 signposting for randomly exploding and dying instantly

chameleon bombs though? i do think any amount should make the object glow/red at least a little though yeah
(07-15-2017, 12:22 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(07-14-2017, 10:38 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: this would be hilarious

chameleon bombs though? i do think any amount should make the object glow/red at least a little though yeah

Yeah but chameleon bombs physically require you to be a traitor (iirc they do not spawn anywhere naturally), whereas anybody can break into/scan chemistry
I generally argue against the "turbonerd" argument but I would not want it to at least be easy to blow people up with no warning, that's how you get frustration
Liquid erebite just sounds like Triiodide 2.0. The current suggestion has no counter measure against smoking or foaming, and it's even worse than triiodide in that it seems you can freely carry it without consequence. Not to mention, triiodide could only be placed on floors, while liquid erebite seems like it can be placed on everything.
Slaptonium: *slap nearby targets or yourself as it ticks.
Biodymium Ferrofluid

Forms a pile of goo that slowly moves toward anything that was at one point alive. When it reaches its target, it makes their clothes dirty and, if removed, starts creeping along after other creatures.

Can be applied to other items to make those things seek out nearby people. Great for heat-seeking plasmaglass and pipebombs.
(06-24-2017, 03:48 PM)locusts Wrote: Micro-razors (please think of a better name): If injected, causes that person to start bleeding every time they move one tile. This stacks to the point where they'll bleed to death before they reach the end of a hallway.

Macrosium: When applied to something, makes its sprite bigger.

Microsium: When applied to something, makes its sprite smaller.

Fantasia: Instantly randomises your appearance (ie. hair, gender, scream/fart noise, age), doesn't affect name.

Homeopathic remedy: Does nothing.

If Homeopathic Remedy is a thing, then I think "Chlorine Dioxide Solution" should also be a thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_Mi...Supplement

On that note, Placebonium could be a fun useless chem.
(06-18-2017, 05:01 PM)Haprenti Wrote: to go with Ageinium

Super Ageinium
A wrinkled musty gray slime. Smells like retirement homes.

May infect your character with very old age if kept too long in your bloodstream. Which cause degenerative diseases to appear/accumulate/worsen with several stages.

(06-18-2017, 05:07 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: Luchanium - Grants the same wrestling abilities as the Wrestling Belt while it's in your system and boosts your unarmed attack damage. The more Luchanium in your system, the higher the chance of cardiac failure/your heart exploding.

A red and blue liquid. Smells like gym sweat.

Must be injected to work properly.

I'm procrastinating because I have no idea how I'm going to do these two
Alt idea for liquid erebite after reading feedback: effects in the bloodstream stay the same, but now when applied to an object instead of turning it into a time bomb it causes the object to act like it is made of erebite. Similarly, if it is possible to code, a beaker full of it will act like it is made of erebite, and must be treated with the same care you would an block of the stuff lest you blow yourself up.
(07-21-2017, 04:48 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: Alt idea for liquid erebite after reading feedback: effects in the bloodstream stay the same, but now when applied to an object instead of turning it into a time bomb it causes the object to act like it is made of erebite. Similarly, if it is possible to code, a beaker full of it will act like it is made of erebite, and must be treated with the same care you would an block of the stuff lest you blow yourself up.

Your first idea was better because it didn't involve the materials system and wasn't therefore automatically disqualified.
(07-21-2017, 04:45 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I'm procrastinating because I have no idea how I'm going to do these two

I guess give it the same effects as ageinium but stronger (like superhairgrownhium), and with an overdose threshold that gives you chances to develop one of several degenerative diseases. They could work with specific genetic mutations I guess too.
Horse Oil

Thick and goopy. Smells like horse.

Boosts stamina rate by a small amount when applied topically. Spawns a horse mask on you if you eat it. Has a small chance to summon an angry horse when used either way.