Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chemmunity: a collaborative chem project where no suggestion is too dumb
I make no promises, but I may have time to resume this project soon.

Maybe.
Oh man, I just worked with this chemical in real life, and could probably be translated to SS13, though it'd need some work.

This will almost certainly be rejected because it's too damn complicated, but maybe one day a coder can add it.

Isoamyl acetate (Alternative name: Isopentyl Acetate); Simple name: Banana Flavoring

In real life, this compound is produced by bananas, and has an absolutely intense banana smell (along with flavor.)
Quick online research also suggests that bees (!!) use it as a pheromone to attract other bees to sting something.

Recipe: 1 Acetic Acid (Vinegar) : 1 Isoamyl/Isopentyl Alcohol : 1 Sulfuric Acid. + Heat (I'm not actually sure how much heat. 100-200 Celsius feels like a safe bet.)
Note: Isoamyl/Isopentyl Alcohol doesn't exist in SS13, and would need an analog chem, or be added to the game.

Produces: 1 Isoamyl Acetate/ Banana Flavor : 1 Sulfuric acid
Note: Sulfuric acid is needed as a catalyst for the reaction, but is not consumed by the reaction.

Effects:
-When added to food and consumed, makes it taste like bananas. (Flavor text.)
-When present inside a person, they feel like bananas, for some reason. (More flavor text.)
-Higher doses present can overwhelm. (15+ Units) (Flavor text becomes unpleasant, maybe tint vision yellow)
-When injected and in quantities equal to or greater than 10+ units, bees will become aggressive towards the individual until the internal dosage falls below 10 units (sounds like a pain to code.).

-Special: When a clown consumes or injects this chem, they become EXTREMELY high.

Final detail: In real life, the crude chemical is actually yellow colored. Perfectly fitting, if I say so. That said, the pure substance appears to be clear.

So, here's your Sisyphean, banana flavored nightmare to try and code.
(09-21-2017, 01:52 PM)Mageziya Wrote: [LITERALLY THE MOST PERFECT CHEM EVER]

HEY THATS PERFECT WOW.
IT'S FOOD
IT'S BEES
IT'S CLOWN
IT'S POISON
IT'S FLAVORFUL
Suggestion: could just substitute ethanol for the more complex alcohol, or Ethylene Glycol if Noah patches my earlier suggestion (hint hint i love you noah)
Yeah, either something like ethanol, or maybe an odd hydrocarbon like oil would just have to work. It'd feel a little weird if made by just mixing booze with vinegar, but the requirement for sulfuric acid and heating prevents it from just being spontaneously made.

In terms of real chemistry, I think what defines the importance of the isoamyl alcohol is less the presence of an alcohol group, and more the weirdly shaped carbon tail. (Side note: Isoamyl alcohol has a rather strange smell in real life, sorta like burnt, rubber cheese.)
(09-21-2017, 01:52 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Banana flavoring

It should have an effect on monkeys too. Like they chase you and start tryng to take bites out of you.
If you have already started working on liquid erebite, than you can ignore this post because I don't want you to have to throw out what you already made because I have a different suggestion. If you decide to implement this, than you can just ignore liquid erebite forever because it was a terrible idea anyway.

Mutasync
A powerful but extremely dangerous chemical that can ward off the negative effects of low genetic stability.

• Dark olive-green color
  • When in the bloodstream, sets your genetic stability to 100, stopping any mutations from backfiring. Once the chem runs out, your stability will return to it's original value.
  • Extremely high addiction chance, severe withdrawal effects (vomiting, toxin damage, random collapsing/seizures)
  • Overdose at 20 units.
  • Easy to code version of overdose effect: causes rapid toxin damage, seizures, rapid loss of genetic stability, losebreath.
  • Hard to code version of overdose effect: causes "severe DNA damage" medical emergency effect, cured with 20+units of mutadone.  Based roughly off of what I have heard about the effects of real-life DNA damage. Stage one does nothing. Stages two and three cause food poisoning-life effects: vomiting, random stuns, toxin damage. After stage three, it becomes "catastrophic DNA damage", which is incurable, turning you into a dead man walking. Stages one and two of catastrophic DNA damage once again do nothing, but you cannot be scanned in the cloner due to your extremely degraded DNA. At stage three, you will suffer a sudden, quick, and extremely painful death: Rapid toxin damage, brain damage, losebreath, and seizures.
(to be honest in hindsight after writing this it seems more useful as a deathpoison than as a medical chem)
Superabsorbent polymers/"fake snow". When combined with water(?), it'll create 'snow' that can be splashed on a tile. Snow does not slip, but melts into water in the presence of enough heat. Even better if it can be used to create snowballs.

I want to make a christmas zone.
LSD/Psilocybin should have an added remote-viewing effect. Make it require a form of sensory deprivation, such as being blindfolded and floating in space (or the pool?), while it's in your system. As long as these conditions are met and the drug is in your system, you'd be in a ghost-like state (perhaps without its abilities and without seeing other ghosts), allowing you to fly around, look, and listen to people. Trippy colors included, of course.
(10-22-2017, 07:08 PM)Hikurac Wrote: LSD/Psilocybin should have an added remote-viewing effect. Make it require a form of sensory deprivation, such as being blindfolded and floating in space (or the pool?), while it's in your system. As long as these conditions are met and the drug is in your system, you'd be in a ghost-like state (perhaps without its abilities and without seeing other ghosts), allowing you to fly around, look, and listen to people. Trippy colors included, of course.

this would be kind of OP? sometimes. ghost drone eyes and not hearing things maybe
(10-22-2017, 09:18 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 07:08 PM)Hikurac Wrote: LSD/Psilocybin should have an added remote-viewing effect. Make it require a form of sensory deprivation, such as being blindfolded and floating in space (or the pool?), while it's in your system. As long as these conditions are met and the drug is in your system, you'd be in a ghost-like state (perhaps without its abilities and without seeing other ghosts), allowing you to fly around, look, and listen to people. Trippy colors included, of course.

this would be kind of OP? sometimes. ghost drone eyes and not hearing things maybe

Yeah, that sounds good. Although when I said hearing things, I meant only things within your immediate view-range, not the omnipresent hearing that ghosts have. Either way though, as hearing's not really the main focus of the idea.
Lard: A chemical that makes you fat, drains your stamina, and can cause a cardiac arrest if overdosed.

Maybe it could break down into cholesterol.
Colloidal Silver - Water + Oil + Silver

A gray liquid that does absolutely nothing. If you overdose, your skin turns blue.
(10-22-2017, 09:18 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:

Make them only see things in other zlevels, such as debris or some of the telesci areas.

Inb4 Eleven gimmicks.