Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Antagonist] The Host
A disease ridden, infested creature of bugs and other nasty critters.
And then there's the hands...

THE HOST
Diseased
Immune to all diseases, but carries them forever and cannot be cured. This includes mice diseases. Along, with 2 Infestation points, can purchase a randomized disease. This disease will have 3 low-tier symptoms (or something else. Pathology Nerds please tell me if that's fine or not) and a random way to spread. Can only buy 2 Diseases, the rest must be earned.

Regenerative Decay
Can activate this for 1 Infestation Point in order to very quickly heal. It acts like a Changeling's Regeneration, however instead of saying that their skin shifts around, it talks about the skin slowly rotting off and being replaced with new skin. During this, the Host will look Bloated on examine. Doing this regrows limbs.

Parasitic Chat
Shares a hive mind with all of the parasites in their body. This is essentially the Hive Mind Chat, as Parasites are a fancy name for dead players devoured by the host.

Critter Nest
Inside the Host is several flies, bugs, and other things. Whenever the Host is hit by something like a bullet or a melee attack, an aggressive tiny spider or rat or other tiny animals will spawn. This can very simply be prevented with fire unless the Host has leveled their nest up for 5 Infestation Points to spawn animals even when on fire.

Handy Critters
We all know what this is. Handspiders. They cost nothing but an arm. With is in a way half an infestation point considering the whole Regenerative Decay thing. 

Parasitic Spew
I've been talking about Infestation Points constantly, well here's how:
You take ONE living person. And you have a passive grab on them and active Parasitic Spew. After a 10 second wait, you will begin, every life tick, putting 5 chemicals of a new thing called: Bugs. (better name could be used) Bugs give them the animation of spiders, and do 1 brute damage each live tick they're in the person, +1 for every bug. So if there is one bug, it will do 2 brute each life tick. If there is 5, it will do 6 brute. I don't know how to properly explain how fast they deplete, but 30 bugs are gone in one minute. 40 bugs, in one minute, will be 10 bugs.
Once the person dies of Bugs, their corpse instantly rots and carries every disease you had in you. Along with that, the player is added to your hive mind as a Parasite, and you gain 1 Infestation Point.

Diseased Bite
The Host doesn't brush his/her teeth. One way of attacking is a 20 second cooldown attack called BITE. This transfers ALL diseases to you. The Host retains diseases, but you're infected with them now. Have fun with that. No way to prevent this other than carrying a cure for those diseases and hoping they weren't highly lethal. If an item called Toothbrush were to be added in the game, and used by the host, this would disappear.

Bodily Takeover
The Parasites have more reason than chatting to the host and occasionally being hands. Whenever the host dies, half of the parasites pop out as INDEPENDENT headspiders that can't actually crawl into people. The Host will pop out as a Headspider and lose all infestation points, disease, and hivemind, thus forcing a new start but a nice getaway. They can all control their Headspiders.

This is part 2 of the Changeling Split. This one focuses more on the Handspiders and Critters. While the Hive focuses on the Hive Mind.
^this
Oral hygiene is very important. Solid ideas here, Youk!
When I get home I'll look at this from a PathNerd™ perspective and make suggestions but it seems fun!
Eyespiders were just added into the game. These would be perfect for the host. You looking to fully heal? Why not make two handspiders and two eyespiders at the same time as you heal!