Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Give chemists access to chem nades again and buff the traitor version
Now, before you tar and feather me on the spot, hear me out.
  1. Grenades don't offer enough advantages over simple beaker assemblies to justify spending telecrystals on them.
  2. They do, however, offer some rather significant advantages for non-nefarious usage.
  3. It'll give chemists something to nerd out over besides the fastest way to kill a monkey using only one pill. Who can make the most effective fire fighting grenade? Can you make a recursive flashbang for the hos clown to use?
  4. In order to make the traitor version actually worth purchasing, I suggest removing the size restriction on the containers you can stick in there. Want to stuff two portable welding fuel tanks in there? Go ahead. Hit the RNG jackpot and wound up with not one but two artifact beakers? Well now you can shove them into a grenade! Become the envy of your friends and the bane of your enemies! Make a grenade with nothing but ten thousand units of voltagen and see what happens!
I am perfectly okay with this. If infinite size containers isn't a thing, adding a third container slot to a traitor chemnade might also be fun (I don't know if this would actually be useful).
I agree with this, because damnit I wanna make batches of synthfleshfoam for the emergency department and high-volume carpetfoams.
Grenades of chocolate, dirt bombs the possibilities are endless
Did they remove the ones from the medical derelict? colbert

Pop em' into a trader I guess? Easy addition, easy removal if needed. Making them general access practically guarantees goof-nades. As [Noah] said, people rarely use them for something that isn't beaker-assembly'able. Their potential is even more underutilized than chemthrowers.

Kinda on the fence about removing size restriction, though. I'm too tired right now to think of the ramifications.
(06-13-2017, 07:52 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Did they remove the ones from the medical derelict? colbert

No, I'm just arguing for easy access to them via a direct supply in the chemlab itself.

Maybe also let them be ordered from QM.
let mechanics scan and copy the ones from the med derelict
TBH I think bringing back grenades for regular chemists is a good idea.

I do have an addendum suggestion I'm not too sure would fly, but Security practically has a grenade launcher. It might be cool if security could make their own chemical shells, for instance foam or smoke based reagents.

Security would still have sole possession of the grenade launcher on the station, but with armory access they could turn it into a chemical dispersal device.

A crazier idea would be to give a traitor scientist a weapon that both pulls the ring out of the grenade and flings/shoots it in a direction. For those chemical recipes that you absolutely want to weaponize. Or the grenade launcher equivalent of the syringe gun.
Put two beakers into a gun, then shoot a projectile that mixes the beaker contents at it's point of impact
I'm all for anything that brings more spider foam grenades into the world
(06-14-2017, 06:55 AM)atomic1fire Wrote: A crazier idea would be to give a traitor scientist a weapon that both pulls the ring out of the grenade and flings/shoots it in a direction. For those chemical recipes that you absolutely want to weaponize.

Click on a distant tile with the grenade in-hand. You will automatically prime and throw it.
Yes but make a chem whitelist so traitors actually use the traitor grenades
(06-15-2017, 11:20 PM)poland spring Wrote: Yes but make a chem whitelist so traitors actually use the traitor grenades

I'd recommend a blacklist. Restricts the more crazy shit to traitors, but still ensures that normal players have a whole bunch of room to experiment.