Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Hopefully not terrible cog1 security redesign
babayetu83 Wrote:the brig on either map is almost always a ghost town. beyond that you are seeing what you'd like from my previous message.

while i find no fault with your design other than it being much too big, i'm a bit skeptical of a few things like the plant trays. unless you plan for people to be permenantly detained in there i just can't see it being used much. the rec room is a bit superfluous as well

It's not actually much too big. It's actually smaller than the current brig, if you compare and contrast (including the solitary!!).

The plant trays are actually intended over multiple arrests, not for one guy, although I can imagine some weirdo chosing to remain there.

While I can see your perspective with the rec room, that's actually a two part suggestion to buff the gym ever so slightly so it's not useless. That way those who are brigged can work out while they wait, and security can buff themselves up on their off times with their own personal gym. OORAH!
Or prisoners can buff themselves up, drink robustez from the drink dispenser, smash the glass for a shank and go to town before being horribly beaten by equally buff security and put into solitary. Tis' my dream.

sydne66 Wrote:This is a pretty nice set up! If the control room and the brig area are gonna get swapped and the HoS' office will be moved up next to the break room, then perhaps the empty area could be used as a some sort of visitation room?

Also I think that the Podbay / Delivery room is gonna need more space, because there simply won't be enough space for the cargo belts otherwise. I'd recommend expanding it a bit to the north and maybe moving the podbay doors on the eastern wall instead?

Yep on the first point, i'm working on it. Not sure what you mean on the second point? The blue-ish tile in this instance is the cargo belt, they're just beside each other rather than having them one tile apart (which makes no difference).
If you check the map, moving it to the eastern wall brings it immedietely into the derelict part of the station, which you can't actually get out of. I'm avoiding editing much outside security and would rather stay in the bounds of the map. If you're still not sure what I mean (the pixel map can be a bit obscure at showing things) let me know and i'll do a rough pic.

ferriswheel1 Wrote:The one thing I really like about Cog1's security was the large area outside the podbay and genpop, which was very handy for stripping and processing crimers. It has a bench full of medical stuff for prisoner treatment, and a handy chair for strapping guys into to be searched. I'd like to see some sort of open area for prisoner processing, with a large amount of space essential to avoid accidental bumping and breaking pulls. Perhaps the port-a-brig could have it's home set here?

A proper brig medical closet/station would be nice as well, with the outer door accessible to doctors. A couple of medkits and a surgery area is all that'd be needed, and a morgue chute located somewhere in sec would be darkly hilarious.

Well, the resdesign completely removes this entire corridor opting for a more slim corridor opening to various compartments. The processing area would be the control room, naturally.

The other suggestion is not really feasible sadly, due to the location of the brig emergency room, unless you want a door leading to space. I'm against a surgery area, instead a bed (which minor surgery can be done on), and apart from 2 medikets and some misc items, a medical vending machine which security can buy meds if SHTF. I'm of the opinion that we should be throwing sec a bone, but not that much of a bone. Also I like the morgue chute idea.

Anyway this is my last post before I attempt to redesign it according to frank's suggestion.
(06-14-2017, 04:56 AM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: The one thing I really like about Cog1's security was the large area outside the podbay and genpop, which was very handy for stripping and processing crimers. It has a bench full of medical stuff for prisoner treatment, and a handy chair for strapping guys into to be searched.  I'd like to see some sort of open area for prisoner processing, with a large amount of space essential to avoid accidental bumping and breaking pulls. Perhaps the port-a-brig could have it's home set here?

A proper brig medical closet/station would be nice as well, with the outer door accessible to doctors. A couple of medkits and a surgery area is all that'd be needed, and a morgue chute located somewhere in sec would be darkly hilarious.

Ultimately, that's what I think the interrogation room should be used for and why I think it should have a direct path from entering sec, this room, and then the brig.

You take someone in, remove what they have, ask them a few questions, then move them on into the brig.

(06-14-2017, 02:26 AM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(06-13-2017, 11:23 PM)Sundance Wrote: Ewww don't start. The reason behind "nobody" using the brig in cog1 is because it's terrible.
It's been concluded in threads of last that security HQ should be encourage all forms of gameplay for security. This is what I was trying with this design, which took influence from mushroom, cog1 and cog2.
..removing the brig honestly panders to nobody and is ass cancer. So quit with the obvious chip on your shoulder.

I welcome any suggestions to improve the current design, but bear in mind of working within the current dimensions of the brig. When I superimposed it, mine went 2 tiles into the west maint, while one tile east into the hallway. This is workable, and I designed the placement of the doors with that in mind. 
Also I really don't think the visitor thing is necessity.

the brig on either map is almost always a ghost town. beyond that you are seeing what you'd like from my previous message.

while i find no fault with your design other than it being much too big, i'm a bit skeptical of a few things like the plant trays. unless you plan for people to be permenantly detained in there i just can't see it being used much. the rec room is a bit superfluous as well

Plants offer a few escape options

You can grow cash crops for paying your bail, or you can try to whip up something with the right chemical cocktail to give you an edge.
Also might want to buff windows with silicant/plasma glass.