Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor boxing gloves can substitute just fine for insulated gloves
Basically their conductivity is too low, meaning you can slap an easily aquired pair on and go fuck with electric things as much as you want safely.
Feature
If I remember correctly they also provide more cold resistance than any other glove. On top of the attack damage boost with a horseshoe you don't have much reason to wear anything else in that slot.
As a balance, there aren't many pairs aboard the station. Two, I think?
Don't they also actually decrease your punching damage unless you have the horseshoe inside, or am I thinking of real-life boxing gloves?
(06-12-2017, 02:04 PM)Salami Sam Wrote: As a balance, there aren't many pairs aboard the station. Two, I think?

two on cog2, i think there's 4 on cog1
Also I think that their electrical insulation isn't as good as insulated gloves so they're not a perfect replacement.
AFAIK the thing keelin did regarding insulation was a on/off thing rather than an incremental like cold/heat resistance.
This means that if something had insulative properties, it would be effective in resisting electricity no matter what. This is obvious with insualtive gloves which are perfect insulators, while everything else is not.

Unless something has changed..
aardvarko this is a secret among the regulars
My brain is clunking and spitting smoke but I'm pretty sure boxing gloves acted as insulators back in ye olde olde donut days. Might be intentional.

Edit: Or it could just be that someone did a dumb and meant that the gloves were 20% less conductive but didn't know that the value was how conductive the item is, not how insulative it is IE 20% more insulation accidentally entered in as 20% conductivity.