Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Major Crate/cart + gravitron + trip laser = rip server
Alright, this just happened on lljk 2, i was messing around with mechanics, set up 12 gravitrons to launch 2 crates into a person, then for some reason it started a laggy loop that ground the entire server to a halt

HOW I DID THIS: I took 12 gravitrons, 2 crates, and a trip wire, I put the gravitrons right by eachother, in piles of 6, with one tile inbetween them, Wrenched them down, placed the crates ontop of the gravitrons, wrenched down the trip wire, hooked it to the gravitrons, made sure it was aiming at the tile between the gravitrons, and teleported a monkey inbetween the gravitrons, the monkey escaped and the loop started grinding the server to a halt
(06-11-2017, 12:45 PM)fosstarreagan Wrote: 12 gravitrons to launch 2 crates

Theres your problem.
the 2 crates is what caused the lag, not the gravitons. 12 at once should be a barely noticable spike, but launching two crates, I assume on while tile, at the same time, would be a pretty big spike as they try to interact with eachother as well as fly forwards. only use 1 crate and probably a max of 9 gravitons on one tile.
No I'm fairly sure it's the gravitons doing it. Dont forget if you make it so the crates cant move off the tile as is common with suicide booths the graviton effect will be applied multiple times, and then that gets multiplied by the number of crates.

OP I just realised, if you have two crates on alternate sides and try to launch them they could cause an infinite loop as they cross the tripwire, is this what you meant? Obviously the number of gravitons and crates would be a factor too.
I said that because not long ago I activated like 40 gravitons at the same time and it wasn't a problem, but when I put a crate on each of the 4 tiles with a million gravitons each and hit go the server literally came to a halt.
yes it was a infinite tripwire loop with infinite collisions