Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security set-up proposal *with pictures!!*
Cogwerks Wrote:Both are doable, it's just quite a bit more work to adapt a vending machine to work that way. Frankly I'm not sure if it's even really worth automating the return of gear. I might just move the confiscated items lockers to the front security office so people can bitch until they get their gear back. If the guards don't give their gear back.... oh well?

Maybe it's just me, but I really think it would be worth the investment, even to try to see if it improves functionality of the set-up, which I think it will. If it doesn't then feel free to remove it.
Looking back now, the dispensing the crate idea would be much better than my original idea.

Cogwerks Wrote:And yeah, I'm already trying to work with the prisoner scanner device to have a timer function. Probably via implants. When the prisoner implant runs out, security will get an alert about it and the prisoner will be able to dispense themselves from security. Of course that hits the issue of guards not bothering with implants, and then I just want to have some more bourbon and get more grouchy.
That's just neat, although I'm more a scotch man myself. It should have a message when the implant has worn off, something like:
You hear a feint beeping noise emanating within your body.

Back on topic, one of the main reasons you can't bust outta jail on your own is the set-up at brig door.
If you
1) Move the table with charge and the postal chute to the place I shown on the diagram
2) Get rid of the table, but move the charger to where the cassette is, so we still have two chargers.
This way, people can at least make a beeline for the disposal if they get lucky to get that far, or if all security are dead and they need to bust out.
Here's the diagram
[Image: 95b8HPZ.png]
There's already a disposals chute in the main brig room.
Stripping off prisoners is a terrible practice. If you do it to prevent a jailbreak... how about handing sensibly short sentences and watching the prisoner instead.

Escaping from the brig when the chute was locked up in the contraband room was a fun challenge.
Once I broke out of genpop, hid in the port-a-brig waiting for an officer to come back. When one showed up, I bolted to the lobby, stole the captain's egun from a recharger and disposaled myself.

Spent the rest of the round taunting the captain and living as a runaway. We even had a pod battle, lasers vs. drills. But we both bailed to repair.

All these changes to the brig to make it more... straightforward are taking out all the quirks that made it fun. And turning it back into the assembly line that has been ever since devstation.
Cogwerks Wrote:There's already a disposals chute in the main brig room.
Yeah oops on my part. I hadn't seen the update.

Quote:Stripping off prisoners is a terrible practice. If you do it to prevent a jailbreak... how about handing sensibly short sentences and watching the prisoner instead.

Again this is purely preference.
If you want to strip a prisoner outta his tools, implant him and leave him in there till X amount of time, and then walk off when you feel like you are needed somewhere else then that should be your choice.
If you want to racketeer them out of money or play a gimmick then that should be your choice.
If you want to put a prisoner in there and watch him, have a talk, play some sax, that is your choice.
Although in the latter most prisoners I put in jail will try to break out even while you are watching them so I dunno.
The new brig should reflect this, it shouldn't be biased over preference style like mushroom.
Really what it boils down to is that I want to see genpop being used without being completely broken a few minutes into the round. I'd like it to be what it's purpose originally intended, as a social jail where you can chat with other prisoners. If you feel like you were treated particularly unfairly, I'd like to see prisoners hatch revenge schemes too, it would be interesting. When you're the only one in there or if someone's constantly staring at you through a window, it's kinda hard to do that.

Idea here, as I know the floor flusher is WIP.
Return the cyclic door. I think people were growing fond of it, at least I was. Combine both the cyclic door and the floor flusher. How does it work? Well here's what I harebrained:

The cyclic door button functions as normal . The red square allows prisoners to swipe their ID when they know their implant has worn off. This opens the cyclic door so that the prisoner can step inside. The inside door closes so that both doors are closed. Then the floor-flusher activates, following this the inside door opens again
[Image: VtIgLYh.png]
The green square was something that pushes the prisoner forward like that thingy adjacent to the mass ejector (NOT THE ACTUAL MASS EJECTOR) but I don't know how that would be implemented when in you could just use the disposal chute or throw the player if he is on the ground, so I dunno really.