Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
VR + its Z-space: Why does it honestly still exist?
(06-07-2017, 05:05 PM)Boon Yoon Wrote: Those are great ideas, pizzatiger! I'd like that chill beach area to be a holopad area as well. I'm not sure how to get there, but I saw Dions hanging out there once.

the detective vr? got a crab, a beach, a desk and forensic records
Ghost respawn areas have been discussed and was shot down due to:
A) other servers have it. Can't be seen to be copying other servers! Noo sir-ee
B) ghost drones already fulfill this purpose.
C) something about balancing, etc.

Also good luck getting a generated area for the AI when there's very little coder activity. 

I get the stance of "well we just remove space when we need it" but that doesn't really answer my question.
My question was: how much space is left? 
And from what I recall the map is cross-stitched around the VR, seemingly every map seems to be strained by this. Wouldn't it be just better to change that so now you have not only freedom to expand, but can do so naturally and to a much greater extent?
Oh we have a reasonable amount of space ever since we increased the z-level tile limit to 300x300. It really isn't a problem right now.
Replace Gokarts with a racing module for Pods.

Build some race courses using the debris and station maps as the point of reference.

Maybe instead of physical tracks, there could be some laser checkpoints that the Pod driver sees and then a final finishline. It's all location based, so maybe players could design their own race courses around the landmarks and then export them for sharing in the forums.

This opens up more variety than a single go kart track, and also seems way more fun if players can stun each other with nonlethal weapons to gain an advantage.

tl;dr Add pod racing.

The racing part of VR seems woefully underused, and I think combining it with space pods would be the best way to keep a racing minigame without having it sit unused. Even if you're just flying a pod around trying to get a low time while dodging drones, you're still having some fun.
bring back wonky races tbh