Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Sec Helmets
Things the Sec default helmet should have
  • A high-power flashlight
  • A built in siren
  • A camera tied into a Sec only network
No more spreading those functions across multiple helmets
It would make security helmets too good. I would like to see security helmets provide more protection than hardhats though, seeing as hardhats have the function of providing light.
Big Grin 
(06-06-2017, 01:41 PM)Faceplant Wrote: It would make security helmets too good. I would like to see security helmets provide more protection than hardhats though, seeing as hardhats have the function of providing light.

How so? It's just a siren, a light, and a camera helmet in one. All 3 of these things already exist. Sounds like a good idea to me
I'm fully in support of this idea
Same. Making security more not-useless is nice
I think that the flashlight should stay as a part of the PDA (in order to avoid bloating security's kit with too many onscreen icons and buttons). Maybe force security PDAs to start with a highpower flashlight module?

The siren - maybe just make the already-existing siren hat provide some protection?

Also I think that the camera is good - But it should be tied into the SecHUD glasses instead of the helmets.
Although I think it would be kinda fun if sec riot helmets got a visual and technical upgrade.

A friendly visorless mode, and a full masked bizness mode with things like a built in sec hud, sun glasses, and a siren. Maybe even a whistle embedded into the visor.

Flip down the face mask and put sirens and whistle on full blast so that people know you mean business when you're cruising on the segway.
MBC's points are pretty valid, so what if instead of an upgraded default helmet, we look at a security spacesuit. I made a thread on this a while back, but it would be cool if such functionality was added to such a suit. It would be rad to see the siren in a dark spaced-out station.

However, of course it would be awesome to have a new default helmet, if not for the cosmetic upgrade alone.
(06-06-2017, 04:16 PM)MyBlueCorners Wrote: The siren - maybe just make the already-existing siren hat provide some protection?

It's just a very ugly hat is my main gripe about it, and I like having an easy accessible "businesss mode" indicator that the whistle doesn't offer.

Maybe toggle that feature on and off in hand if you don't want it cluttering your UI?
I love the camera addition, provided that I can actually find them listed on the convoluted security cam console.

As for the siren, I'm not sure. I'm having flashbacks to tg, with greytide running around with helmets on and sirens blaring, non-stop Perhaps an attached whistle function which sends an alert message to the other sec members?
I like the idea of any and all security officers having something like body cams on them. Would be useful for a HoS to be able to go into security and go onto the computer and see what your officers are up to if you wanted.
(10-22-2017, 11:53 PM)Hikurac Wrote: I love the camera addition, provided that I can actually find them listed on the convoluted security cam console.

As for the siren, I'm not sure. I'm having flashbacks to tg, with greytide running around with helmets on and sirens blaring, non-stop  Perhaps an attached whistle function which sends an alert message to the other sec members?

we actually already have siren helmets. idk if they are a cog2 only thing or not though
A E S T H E T I C

[Image: n0pPLN0.jpg]

A S S T H E T I C

Not really a fan of it becoming standard issue. It's just a goofy concept. I'd be more inclined to have a built in whistle... which is possibly even goofier, yet paradoxically more palatable.

Wouldn't spontaneously combust if it became a thing though. Like the other stuff just fine, either in helmet or MBC's way.
Siren or whistle, I just want a quick button to hit to indicate "Stop right there, criminal scum"
(10-23-2017, 10:03 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Siren or whistle, I just want a quick button to hit to indicate "Stop right there, criminal scum"

Add this, much better than a whistle or siren