Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Traitor chaplains can force monkeys to sign contracts
While amusing, this is obviously not quite intended. Also, their souls count, whereas the souls of Shitty Bill and his buddies do not.
(05-31-2017, 05:07 AM)Berrik Wrote: While amusing, this is obviously not quite intended. Also, their souls count, whereas the souls of Shitty Bill and his buddies do not.

Monkeys have souls. So do dogs. And cats. But not the diner crew, they sold theirs for immortality.
Still seems like an unfair way to quickly round up 20 souls. Lings and vampires cant use monkeya after all
Please keep this as a feature but remove the 'free souls' bit, that should satisfy everyone involved.
Hrmmm, I'm not sure why shitty bill and the like don't count if monkeys do.

But yeah, I strongly support keeping the ability for monkeys to sign contracts only without the free soils bit.

How else am I going to generate an endless army of monkey spawned bees?
Lings and vampires can use monkeys, they just have to human them first.
There is even another way for vampires to use monkeys, without having to humanify them first. Just stick some IV drips on a monkey and wait, then take it back when it´s full. This "canned" blood nets less blood points than fresh blood, but it´s an alternative and you most likely can do this relatively safe and unseen. 

You just have to be careful if the monkey has some chemicals in his bloodstream, because you will get them too with the IV drip.
(06-02-2017, 12:59 AM)Fenriswolf1991 Wrote: There is even another way for vampires to use monkeys, without having to humanify them first. Just stick some IV drips on a monkey and wait, then take it back when it´s full. This "canned" blood nets less blood points than fresh blood, but it´s an alternative and you most likely can do this relatively safe and unseen. 

You just have to be careful if the monkey has some chemicals in his bloodstream, because you will get them too with the IV drip.

yeah but it's a huge pain in the ass to get blood from an iv drip into a vamp, you gotta drink it, or you get hypertension injecting yourself
I did that once as a fangless vampire after selling my soul to the devil. I just collected monkeys and drips and drank my sorrows away in blood.  smilie with a protruding tongue
(06-02-2017, 01:23 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: yeah but it's a huge pain in the ass to get blood from an iv drip into a vamp, you gotta drink it, or you get hypertension injecting yourself

I don't think vampires can get hypertension
The issue is, Monkey Blood is not a separate reagent.

As long as that's a thing, vamps are going to figure out something there. (Off the top of my head, just taking a razor to a lot of monkeys and scooping up the blood is an option.)

Of course, it's so much faster and easier to abuse the diner staff or some AFK/newbie that one has to wonder how much it matters. Probably a separate thread in this though.

The souls thing... definitely let as much as possible sign, just try to let only humans give souls seems fair.

Though I do wonder if anyone will ever hit the power of the Tome without that trick-the only times I've seen someone come close have involved that...
(06-02-2017, 07:34 AM)SageAcrin Wrote: ...
Of course, it's so much faster and easier to abuse [...] some AFK [...] that one has to wonder how much it matters

Come on guys, be classy. Don't specifically target AFK/braindead players. There's no rule against it, it's just poor form.
So I used this to fill the entire kitchen with Macho Men last night.
(06-02-2017, 07:40 AM)Mordent Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 07:34 AM)SageAcrin Wrote: ...
Of course, it's so much faster and easier to abuse [...] some AFK [...] that one has to wonder how much it matters

Come on guys, be classy. Don't specifically target AFK/braindead players. There's no rule against it, it's just poor form.

I mean, I agree, I don't do it.

I also alternate between "not using any cheese at all because it's more fun" and "abuse chemistry powers" to get my blood, though, or "no cheese" and "high cheese"

(The latter I've seen other people do and is a fairly obvious trick if you think on it, but I'm always leery about people running stuff into the ground, and I have no clue how the hell you'd fix it. So I'd rather not state specifics. If an admin wants confirmation I'll throw what I mean into exploits or something.)