Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Place paper scanners in certain places of the station
Create a paper scanner for use by the crew to copy paper.

Of course, no one would use it for its intended purpose.  Instead, everyone would sit on it and use it to scan their ass.

Bonus points if the paper can be put up on walls like wanted posters.
(05-30-2017, 03:16 PM)Technature Wrote: Create a paper scanner for use by the crew to copy paper.

Of course, no one would use it for its intended purpose.  Instead, everyone would sit on it and use it to scan their ass.

Bonus points if the paper can be put up on walls like wanted posters.

Believe it or not, these exist already, minus the ass scanning and the poster pasting. How to actually *use* them is a mystery, however.

There might not actually be any cogmap 2, but I know there's at least a few on cogmap 1.
Then...uh...

Add the ability to scan your ass?
You can scan paper or a photo. It'll upload the file to a dir in the mainframe; I forget which. It's not hard to find though. You can then send said file to the printers.

(Yeah it's in /mnt/sc-whatever)

There's one in cog2 at the netcafe. I scanned a picture of myself and sent it out (doesn't produce what you think), and actually did scan a picture of my butt, but I got fireballed before I could send it by the jerk who removed said butt in the first place.
While having a scanner to copy files into a computer format is good, wouldn't it be more user friendly to have it immediately spit out duplicates of the scanned item?

At the very least have a menu option when using the scsnner to send it directly to the printer of choice
That'd apply to a lot of things. Right now it's basically just an ornament. Even if you know how to use it, the only neat thing it does is produce an ascii spacedork when their image is scanned - granted that's pretty neat.

Otherwise you can just copy and paste the text manually.