Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major A issue with cog1 toxins
So I thought I should make a bug report about this because this has happened multiple times now.

Pretty much when im using cog1 toxins to heat the gas in a canister the pressure and heat will rise and then after a little while for not discernible reason, the pressure will begin to drop at a steady pace while the heat continues to rise. Im pretty sure it has to do with how cog1 toxins is setup but I have no idea why.I have also never had this happen with cog2 toxins.

how to replicate (possibly)

1. Get a can of pure plasma and attach it to the heating loop in cog1 toxins.
2. set up a burn mix in the chamber and let it burn for a while.
3. check up on your canister and see its pressure it going down with no way to fix it.

P.S i have also checked for burst pipes and I see nothing so I unless there is a phantom pipe somewhere I don't see it.
Did you open the space vent valve to the heating loop? Because the cog1 vent valve actually vents faster than the pressure can rise so you have you micromanage it yourself to stop your can from bursting but also have any pressure at all, as I discovered with my first attempt at making canbombs on cog1 that failed miserably.
By vent valve do you mean the purge vent? because when I am doing this it starts to happen even before I get to the point where I need to use the purge vent.
(05-29-2017, 08:18 AM)HydroFloric Wrote: By vent valve do you mean the purge vent? because when I am doing this it starts to happen even before I get to the point where I need to use the purge vent.
Yeah the one that leads to space, i'm not sure what the problem is then as i've used cog1 toxins before and didn't seem to have any problems.
maybe it has to do with how I heat my canisters. This worked on cog2 so I have no idea why it wouldn't on here.

1. Create a burn tank of 66%02 and 33%plasma
2. Put that in the chamber and let it burn for a bit
3. Grab that blue thing that i forget the name of and suck the remaining gas of of the mixing pipes.
4.Get a empty canister and hook that up on one side and put a plasma tank in the blue thing.
5.using the blue thing pump a bit of plasma into the canister.
6. hook that canister up to the heating loop and let it gain pressure and heat.

It would work on cog2 but I always get this issue on cog1 but I guess its not toxins itself.
(05-29-2017, 08:40 AM)HydroFloric Wrote: maybe it has to do with how I heat my canisters. This worked on cog2 so I have no idea why it wouldn't on here.

1. Create a burn tank of 66%02 and 33%plasma
2. Put that in the chamber and let it burn for a bit
3. Grab that blue thing that i forget the name of and suck the remaining gas of of the mixing pipes.
4.Get a empty canister and hook that up on one side and put a plasma tank in the blue thing.
5.using the blue thing pump a bit of plasma into the canister.
6. hook that canister up to the heating loop and let it gain pressure and heat.

It would work on cog2 but I always get this issue on cog1 but I guess its not toxins itself.
Yeah that is how you super heat plasma, I feel like you opened the purge valve and may not have noticed because it works fine for me.
protip: pump the plasma into the empty canister first with the pump and then get the 66/33 mix so you don't have to go through shenanigans of sucking all the gas out of the mixing loop.
I am certain that I never touched the purge but it might be that im doing a sloppy job at sucking the gas out.
As this is not a bug can someone move this to resolved or something thanks.
I had an experience similar to this, though it was after there was an explosion that damaged the pipes. Even though I repaired it all with a welder, pressure was dropping at quite a high rate.