Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Most notable Goon players of all time
what happened to dr.cogwerks
note: i feel like the only people who have listed me are people who I have consistently murdered. thanks!
Also spraynard kruger
(05-29-2017, 07:56 PM)Mageziya Wrote:
(05-29-2017, 05:38 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(05-29-2017, 05:28 PM)shotgunbill Wrote: i was never notable. i am a ss13 player failure.
[Image: 4180bb5252d59d8ee2ece253ee07d205.jpg]
Tummany Cooks has their own unique scream sound so that is pretty notable I guess.
You know how when somebody asks you what your favorite movie is and instead you tell them 'Citizen Kane' because people consider it the best movie of all time? Now, I haven't seen him play in years, don't know what his ckey was or even if he was all that robust - but god damn if he did not stick in my memory as the single most robust player: Red Archibald.

Now, to be fair my memory is awful and I have a poor imagination, so I'd like to hear how others remember him, because I faintly (yet fondly) remember him evading security and handicapping himself by using less efficient ways of killing people.
(06-01-2017, 12:04 PM)Taximin Wrote: You know how when somebody asks you what your favorite movie is and instead you tell them 'Citizen Kane' because people consider it the best movie of all time? Now, I haven't seen him play in years, don't know what his ckey was or even if he was all that robust - but god damn if he did not stick in my memory as the single most robust player: Red Archibald.

Now, to be fair my memory is awful and I have a poor imagination, so I'd like to hear how others remember him, because I faintly (yet fondly) remember him evading security and handicapping himself by using less efficient ways of killing people.

You know what? This is really the only way to describe Red. I can't remember much about him outside of the fact he was consistently excellent and a demon to be up against. Luis Smith was the same way in game but in a way that he was literally /always/ prepared, without fail, for whatever was up next.
Red was just really, really fucking good. If Goonstation was the NBA and the pre 2011 period was the sixties, Red Archibald was Bill Russell.
Zorato was Wilt Chamberlain, of course.
(05-31-2017, 10:25 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Tummany Cooks has their own unique scream sound so that is pretty notable I guess.

It's not actually unique to Tumany, but he basically is the only one who uses it regularly so he owns that scream at this point.
donald keyes (i remember new people each day) smile