Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Throwing Stuff
It's summer which means I have time to badly code some more useless knick-knacks.

[Image: Mz1yd6R.png]
[Image: GOGCUWi.png]

Features:
  • Alters throwing.dm to allow an object to be set to not spin when thrown.
  • Adds paper planes: Right click paper in hand like you would for a paper hat and select "Fold into plane". Paper planes glide until they hit something and can be set on fire, maybe they can be used as remote plasma fire starters?
  • Adds bar darts and dartboards: When the dart is thrown at the dartboard, it will "stick" to it and display a score. In order for things to work, put a dartboard on a tile below a wall and give it a pixel_y of 26. When a dart is thrown at someone, there is a chance it will stick to them and need to be surgically removed.
  • Adds a new traitor item, Lawn darts. They come in a kit of 3 darts available to assistants, clowns and barmen for 4 telecrystals. When thrown at someone they will stun and cause bleed the same as a syndicate dagger, but will become embedded in the target and need to be surgically removed.
The way the dartboard works is extremely hacky (much like the rest of my code), and I'm not sure how it will work with Dr. Singh's "throw object to exact position" change. 
The telecrystal cost for lawn darts might need to be changed, I wasn't sure how to balance it.
I'm fine with names and descriptions being changed, I couldn't come up with anything good.

Compare: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...f?expand=1
Good so far. Now the darts just need to stick in people.

And we need to put the clown infront of the dart board.
What if, like a scalpel, you could put a small amount of a chemical on the tip?
(05-29-2017, 09:16 AM)quiltyquilty Wrote: What if, like a scalpel, you could put a small amount of a chemical on the tip?

optionally, cardboard tubes used as blowdart guns
i want to go full "tribal assistant"
Neat!
I support this!
Suggestion - the darts can be dipped in a chem beaker. Treated darts inject 2.4 units of chems.

In the spirit of the dart game Cricket; hitting someone with 3 darts tranfers enough chems to trigger disease reagents like prions, gbs, or nanites - or w/e other fun chem combos you might enjoy

Edit: 2.4u instead of 2 to account for depletion of 0.4 while still needing 3 darts to pass 5u. Still requires quick successive hits though
Looking at implementing this, but before I do, any plans to edit this to include reagent dipping, Arborinus? If there are I'll hold off until that's done.
I added the throw_spin tag to footballs so they actually look like footballs when thrown. Also fixed a small bug with throwing darts sideways at the board.

(05-31-2017, 05:40 AM)Cirrial Wrote: Looking at implementing this, but before I do, any plans to edit this to include reagent dipping, Arborinus? If there are I'll hold off until that's done.

I'm not sure how the whole reagent dipping would work with only a 5% chance to actually embed in someone, but feel free to change that. I don't think scalpel dipping is in the public release because I couldn't find it.
(05-31-2017, 10:58 AM)Arborinus Wrote: I added the throw_spin tag to footballs so they actually look like footballs when thrown. Also fixed a small bug with throwing darts sideways at the board.

(05-31-2017, 05:40 AM)Cirrial Wrote: Looking at implementing this, but before I do, any plans to edit this to include reagent dipping, Arborinus? If there are I'll hold off until that's done.

I'm not sure how the whole reagent dipping would work with only a 5% chance to actually embed in someone, but feel free to change that. I don't think scalpel dipping is in the public release because I couldn't find it.

It is.

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...ls.dm#L244
(05-31-2017, 10:58 AM)Arborinus Wrote: I'm not sure how the whole reagent dipping would work with only a 5% chance to actually embed in someone

Just because it didn't hit hard enough to merit surgical removal doesn't mean it didn't penetrate the skin A beaming sun

That said, at the end of the day it's your patch. If you feel that my suggestion doesn't fit with your vision then don't worry about it. Its a cool patch either way
(05-31-2017, 11:47 AM)Sov Wrote:
(05-31-2017, 10:58 AM)Arborinus Wrote: I'm not sure how the whole reagent dipping would work with only a 5% chance to actually embed in someone

Just because it didn't hit hard enough to merit surgical removal doesn't mean it didn't penetrate the skin A beaming sun

That said, at the end of the day it's your patch. If you feel that my suggestion doesn't fit with your vision then don't worry about it. Its a cool patch either way
I like the reagent idea and cardboard blowdart I just think it won't work that well with the way I did this. Really the surgical thing is just a silly workaround from my original thought that didn't work, which was having them stick to the sprite like a sticker and able to be removed by hand. If someone wants to tackle any of that they can, but I have failed. morning coffee
It seems like you forgot to include the paper plane sprite!
(06-01-2017, 04:21 PM)Haine Wrote: It seems like you forgot to include the paper plane sprite!

Welp

It should be there now.
Very cool!