Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major QM barcode computer glitched
The dialog box for the QM barcode computer is seriously screwy right now - once I open it up, I'm unable to do anything else as it blocks all input by repeatedly stealing focus over and over while blinking constantly. If I try to close it, it instantly reopens and starts blinking between two different spots on the screen, refusing to accept any input besides attempting to close it, which just causes it to blink between two other positions, still constantly stealing input and preventing me from doing anything at all. The only way to get rid of it is to close the server window and then rejoin the server.

This only happens with the barcode machine in QM, which lists the traders - other barcode machines work fine, but that means that the QM is currently unable to sell to the traders and has to head all the way to the airbridge to send things along the belt.
Yeah, I've experienced this issue but I've been unable to reproduce it.

Note; It launches a million dreamseeker.exe processes that use memory and kill your computer.
(05-28-2017, 11:21 PM)zewaka Wrote: Yeah, I've experienced this issue but I've been unable to reproduce it.

Note; It launches a million dreamseeker.exe processes that use memory and kill your computer.

I do believe that this is actually a problem with byond, as i was experiencing it while attempting to write the borg patch and it disappeared when i downgraded to an older version
On Cog2, where QM has two barcode computers, I only experience this issue with the bottom one (the one near the belts) - the other one, in the top right of QM, works just fine. Mysterious happenings!
Not only does this make it impossible to send crates to traders, it completely ruins your round if you even TRY to.
It seems to happen after it fails to show the popup contents the first time it is opened (with a generic "page could not be displayed" message) and the window is refreshed by clicking on the computer again. Other computer/vending machine popups do a similar thing but without the process launching.