Poll: Which map do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Cogmap 1
40.82%
20 40.82%
Cogmap 2
40.82%
20 40.82%
Clownmap
18.37%
9 18.37%
Total 49 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cogmap 1 vs Cogmap 2
I hate how cog2 is obnoxious to navigate. It's very hard to find some places since they are tucked away in wierd corners. I accept we need a larger map for higher pop things though.
Rainbow 
I do like the fresh take on several departments in cogmap2 such as:

-----The Benefits-----
  1.  grouping hydro and catering,
  2.  chemistry has a public window,
  3.  can sneak into the back of medbay through maintainence - whereas cogmap1 almost guarantees being spotted,
  4.  cogmap2 security is by FAR better than cogmap1 security - security chutes for fast travel are !!FUN!!,
  5.  several items such as the crisis cart availble on cogmap2 not being on cogmap1.
  6.  security checkpoints are great because of how large the station is and still gives the persistent mischief maker a choice to get low tier sec equipment
-----The Drawbacks-----
  1.  the PTL being able to split the westmost side of the station in two (why did anyone gives engineers this much power???  Argh!  )
  2.  hallways become easy to depressurise and means large chunks of the station need internals
  3.  (sorta applies to both) station cameras are annoying to use
  4.  feels like there are too many extra areas with too little going on in them e.g. the addition of several crew quarter rooms, the sprawling maintanence around the engine (perhaps this could been resolved by replacing them with other areas of interest idk)
I'm sure there are other things I've forgotten it has been months since I played on cog2 but essentially I prefer cog2.
Clownmap is best. Clownmap make everyone happy.
I prefer Cog2 for a couple of reasons:

1) As has been said, it is bigger. While this has its ups and downs I prefer having more room to do things both as traitor and non-traitor
2) Cog2's engine is, for me, easier to use and I like the setup more. The simply fact of having a pump computer for the combustion chamber counts for alot to me. The PTL positioning actually means that it interacts with other players. A good engineer will set up a teleport system if they turn on the PTL and the bad ones make everyone elses lives more interesting!
3) I prefer the maintenance setup on Cog2. It is easier to get around the station while staying in maint which I find very fun.

While Cog1 definitely has its pluses as well, I would usually prefer Cog2 80% of the time.
clownstation 13 when
cog1 is kinda more.....fun? in my opinion because of how condensed it is.
however, cog2 is a work of art and should be the model station- it's how things are supposed to be
(05-31-2017, 09:13 AM)Cirrial Wrote: clownstation 13 when

I think I know what should be added to the debris field
One thing I liked about Cog1 was that it was always changing, I remember watching as the area north of the bar morphed from space to some weird maintenance alcove and then into arrivals. I still miss my window to space as a chef.
This happened to an extent on Cog2 with the AI chamber, sec rework and research outpost but it felt like it was just kind of dropped after that.
This poll is missing a checkbox option. cogmap1 is still better IMO