Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Martian Station, Martian Cloner
A goofy idea that is a combination of long shot backup revival, thematics (the martian station on debris is lacking *meaningful* martian tech) and goofy concept, that I came up with on seeing a martian pop out of the cloner as human.

It's a cloner! On the martian station! Thanks to advanced martian science, it doesn't need biomatter-straight up just eats the body! Just throw them in one thing and they start cloning immediately(so no worries about "how the hell do you read martian computers")!

Of course, they come out a martian. Small detail. No worries, they'll be FINE with martian limitations, right?

Personally I'd place it before the threats-it's more accessable that way-but if people are worried about it being too good if you have even a bad backup cloner, it can always be put in martianville further in.
a funny and strange use for a debris field location,very good
well this sure is a neat concept
Secondary side-effect that didn't occur to me at the time-if you set it up right(No living check on whatever you feed the body into...), you could use it as a traitorous way to turn people into martians. Permanently. Sure, the work is high, but that's funny as hell.
will they still remember english or only mars language
(06-02-2017, 05:50 PM)misto Wrote: will they still remember english or only mars language

I'd hope for a garbled mix of both. After all, you're trying to speak Space English through something that only ever gargles out some kind of Mars speak.
Mentioned this in another thread, but it seems relevant. The soldiers on the martian station should be friendly/non-aggressive towards martian crew members.
(06-03-2017, 07:00 AM)Superlagg Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 05:50 PM)misto Wrote: will they still remember english or only mars language

I'd hope for a garbled mix of both. After all, you're trying to speak Space English through something that only ever gargles out some kind of Mars speak.

I was just thinking mars language, since that's almost certainly the easiest to code, but whatever works for coders, I'm easy.
How about they only speak mars language if trying to talk normally, but they get a no-cooldown telepathy ability, and when using telepathy they speak normally?
Somebody broke the martian diplomat horribly a day or two, confirmed by an admin, didn't spawn with ID, clothes were on ground, could only equip bag slot, ear slot, eye slot, nothing else worked, couldn't even use boxing trousers.

Additionally, everyone was in ghost drone mode to me, blurry, spoke as human and synthetic lifeform, all of the text had a LOT of "*" in them, barely anything could be understood, if this is actually part of that, I won't condone it. No way, no how. You couldn't nerf marsmans any harder than they are right now.

Not to mention, the trader marsman speaks perfect english, I can't recall all of what it says, I know it says it's not hostile, but you're ruining my immersion with your realism.

henk
(06-05-2017, 09:00 AM)BeardedElectron Wrote: Not to mention, the trader marsman speaks perfect english.
If I recall, the popup when you interact with him says that you just hear a voice in your head when you get close to him rather than him actually speaking, hence why I suggested giving martians telepathy.
just as an update when I said "this sounds like a neat idea" that was basically me saying "I am going to start working on this"

update, I am still working on this
(06-06-2017, 08:20 AM)Cirrial Wrote: just as an update when I said "this sounds like a neat idea" that was basically me saying "I am going to start working on this"

Can part of that work involve making them slightly better than cripplingly useless
(06-06-2017, 03:47 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(06-06-2017, 08:20 AM)Cirrial Wrote: just as an update when I said "this sounds like a neat idea" that was basically me saying "I am going to start working on this"

Can part of that work involve making them slightly better than cripplingly useless

Agreed! They were perfectly fine before I noticed this thread, then suddenly everything went terribly wrong a few days ago, if these terribly wrong changes are you, please revert them, marsman has a hard life already, being viciously targeted by nerds for no reason, stop ruining my marsman tours.  Argh! butt frown

(Haven't been Martian Diplomat since a few days ago, so hopefully the issues listed prior are not still present, thanks for contributing, none the less.)

(06-05-2017, 11:46 AM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 09:00 AM)BeardedElectron Wrote: Not to mention, the trader marsman speaks perfect english.
If I recall, the popup when you interact with him says that you just hear a voice in your head when you get close to him rather than him actually speaking, hence why I suggested giving martians telepathy.

This is a terrible idea, not being able to use the headset IS A TERRIBLE idea, which is what would happen if they were given telepathy and gimped speech, in my opinion, the only one that this is acceptable for is the Mime.
(06-06-2017, 03:47 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:

I'd settle for either ability to wear a mask, or just not needing to breathe at all