Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
wiping the ban list
In November either 2012 or 2013 we wiped the ban list, for reasons I have forgotten. It's why I was able to start playing again! (I was previously Sploded for being fucking awful.)
We've been seeing great server population since Spy Theft was added, but I'm gonna propose a really fucking terrible idea. 
A really fucking terrible idea that'd allow many of the beautiful shitlers of the olden days (Kingston, Zorato, Dr. Science, few other fucks) to return.
What if we wiped away the ban list for all bans over two years ago? How would that impact the server?
Best,
Jenkins
CEO
Old Man Enterprises
Chariman of Shitposting
please no
(05-25-2017, 10:59 PM)SgtBriar Wrote: please no
While I wouldn't be here if not for that ban wipe, didn't the ban wipe happen because there was a general shift in the rules and tone of goon? Like, the rules were so different that it was perceived that people were being held accountable under a rule set different from the one actually in place. I mean, for christ's sake, the forums used to be called autistic powers (or was it dong labs? or both?), and you got banned for making emotes in chat, and mentioning anime in literally any context.

I don't think this is a good idea. It'd do nothing but really bring misery to everyone for a month as all tons of formerly banned players get weeded out again. Goon hasn't drastically changed in terms of rules since the previous ban wipe. Most people suffering from ancient bans, who would be the main target of this ban wipe, generally have an easier time appeal their bans than fresh bans; that is, the people who'd come in would be the people with fresher bans who couldn't really appeal them.
I thought the ban list was wiped because they lost it, so to speak
No, bad idea. The tone of the game and community (less random violence, more punishment for rushing sec/trying to start brawls) is good as it is, we don't need these people back.
once a decade should do the trick
IMO the server would have been better off if OMJ had stayed sploded, but that's just my opinion and I don't expect anyone to care.
I'm pretty sure a couple of names on that list have successfully appealed, actually. While I can't speak for the admins most of the people I've seen appealing bans that old had their appeals accepted, as long as they weren't egregiously terrible and halfway sincere in their appeals.
how about the opposite. ban everyone
(05-26-2017, 02:02 AM)awfulworldkid Wrote: IMO the server would have been better off if OMJ had stayed sploded, but that's just my opinion and I don't expect anyone to care.

hell yeah man
(05-25-2017, 11:02 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(05-25-2017, 10:59 PM)SgtBriar Wrote: please no
ban OMJ
(05-26-2017, 07:06 AM)Darkchis Wrote: ban OMJ
People that have been banned years ago, from what I've seen, are having no problems getting back onto the servers via ban appeals, as long as they haven't been shitheads on other servers.

I don't see a reason for this.