Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Medbots can inject through crates-and are REALLY PERSISTENT
Tagging this major because it works-from what I've seen-through all containers and essentially makes moving an emagged bot impossible.

If a medbot gives the "WAIT", etc., line, and starts an injection, it will finish that injection when you move again next to the crate. If it's emagged... this is a round-ender pretty often.

There seems to be no time limit on this-the last time it happened I gave it 50 damn seconds or so before grabbing the crate again after the injection started. Sure enough it injected me-without a visible message, just me dying from panc-through the crate still.
This is normal. If critters see you hide in a locker/chute/crate/etc. they will still come for you.

Feature
I am pretty sure he means the opposite, medsal; that medbots can injent you while you have them stuck inside a crate.
Yup-they can inject OUT of the crate.

They can do the other thing too of course, chasing you to a locker and injecting you. This is obviously funnier and less of a problem.

It makes putting emagged medbots into a crate-the only way you can really logically move them-somewhere between "a nightmarish crapshoot" and "impossible". I guess you could cut them off first, that's about it. But a lot of jobs don't get that access.
One time, an emagged medbot went after someone in a cryo tube. It knocked him out cold and kept him there the whole round. Couldn't suicide as the cryo tube kept healing him out of crit. Brutal.

This, however, sounds a lot less hilarious and just adds a pain in the ass.
double-magged and maybe regular magged beepsky can do the same thing, but only if it starts trying to stun you like, as you get in a locker/crate
they are poking the needle thru the little gap under the lid/door
YOU CAN'T OUTRUN A RADIO