Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Candy hearts - Community help needed!
[Image: IvzmEMV.png]
I know Space Valentine's Day isn't for a long time but the shipment took 3 months, okay?
  • Adds candy hearts, also known as sweethearts or conversation hearts, and a themed box that contains them.
  • Each candy heart has a unique phrase for any lovey-dovey situation
  • Candy hearts can show up in Halloween goodie bags but that can be changed, maybe it's a feature with how cheap candy companies are?
What I need from the community is some more SS13-themed phrases to put on the hearts, here is the current list:

Code:
("Be Mine", "XOXO", "Kiss Me", "Love", "U Rock", "I <3 U", "i wuv u", "U Leave Me Breathless", "UR my man", "Cutie Pie", "U-R-2 Cute",
    "Love Bug", "Hot Lips", "UR A STAR", "ME & U", "UR A QT", "Thank U", "Soul Mate", "Sol Mate", "Awesome", "Bee Mine", "Sweet as Honey", "True Love", "Ooh La La", "I GIB U WUV",
    "Change to Love Intent", "Robust Me", "Don't Robust my <3", "Love Transfer Valve", "You're Stunning", "Absorb my Heart", "Owl luv u forever", "We have Chemistry", "Be my Comdom",
    "Law 4: Rearrange the alphabet and put U and AI together", "HALP THE CUTIE IS GRIFFIN MEH", "CUTECURITY!!!", "I honk u", "All access to my <3", "Greytide my heart", "Wear my butt as a hat",
    "Maecho love", "Love birds", "Bee still my heart", "Get in my clown car", "Meet me in maintenance ", "Let's fly into the sun", "Deep fried love", "I hate U slightly less than everyone else.",
    "I'd space the clown for U", "I'd join security for U", "I'd kill for U", "My hate for U is as much as there is air in space", "UR the same temperature as the hot loop",
    "UR the same temperature as the cold loop")

Compare: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...t?expand=1
(05-25-2017, 02:50 PM)Arborinus Wrote: [Image: IvzmEMV.png]
I know Space Valentine's Day isn't for a long time but the shipment took 3 months, okay?
  • Adds candy hearts, also known as sweethearts or conversation hearts, and a themed box that contains them.
  • Each candy heart has a unique phrase for any lovey-dovey situation
  • Candy hearts can show up in Halloween goodie bags but that can be changed, maybe it's a feature with how cheap candy companies are?
What I need from the community is some more SS13-themed phrases to put on the hearts, here is the current list:

Code:
var/list/heart_phrases = list("Be Mine", "XOXO", "Kiss Me", "Love", "U Rock", "I <3 U", "i wuv u", "U Leave Me Breathless", "UR my man", "Cutie Pie", "U-R-2 Cute",
     "Love Bug", "Hot Lips", "UR A STAR", "ME & U", "UR A QT", "Thank U", "Soul Mate", "Sol Mate", "Awesome", "Bee Mine", "Sweet as Honey", "True Love", "Ooh La La", "I GIB U WUV",
     "Change to Love Intent", "Robust Me", "Don't Robust my <3", "Love Transfer Valve", "You're Stunning", "Absorb my Heart", "Owl luv u forever", "We have Chemistry", "Be my Comdom", "Law 4: Rearrange the alphabet and put U and AI together")

Compare: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...t?expand=1
 I'm sold but I have an important question. Can we replace a spaceman's heart with these?
"Bee Mine" makes me think that particular candy should have a lower chance to spawn in a box & be bee shaped.

And maybe contain you royal initirobeedril No bad idea.
Might just wanna cut out the "Be my Comdom" one.

It's really awkward and forced in this context. Anyone who's not in on the joke would probably be offput by it.
(05-25-2017, 05:33 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Might just wanna cut out the "Be my Comdom" one.

It's really awkward and forced in this context. Anyone who's not in on the joke would probably be offput by it.

It was Cheet's idea! I claim no responsibility!  That fucking bird

I guess it's up to whoever decides it should be implemented, but I hope you don't also want to get rid of the caramel creme candies.
"HALP THE CUTIE IS GRIFFIN MEH"
"CUTECURITY!!!"

"add fuckable owls"
(05-25-2017, 06:15 PM)Arborinus Wrote:
(05-25-2017, 05:33 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Might just wanna cut out the "Be my Comdom" one.

It was Cheet's idea! I claim no responsibility!  That fucking bird

I guess it's up to whoever decides it should be implemented, but I hope you don't also want to get rid of the caramel creme candies.

I dunno, it just feels a bit too tongue in cheek, but eh.
cut out snippets of (appropriate) text from timecube and worldwide gangster computer god and put them on the candy hearts
(05-26-2017, 05:36 AM)misto Wrote: cut out snippets of (appropriate) text from timecube and worldwide gangster computer god and put them on the candy hearts

+1

Also I support these showing up in goodybags or just random filthy places.
I honk u
All access to my <3
Greytide my heart
Wear my butt as a hat
Maecho love
Love birds
Bee still my heart
Get in my clown car
Meet me in maintenance
Let's fly into the sun
UR an all star
Deep fried love
@Haine & SpyGuy, what's the most disgustingly saccharine thing that the two of you say to each other on a regular basis, that'd probably make a good one
"I hate you slightly less than everyone else."
"I'd space the clown for you"
"I'd join security for you"
"I'd kill for you"
"My hate for you is as much as there is air in space"
"I think you are at the same temperature as the hot loop"
(05-26-2017, 07:57 PM)medsal15 Wrote: "I think you are at the same temperature as the hot loop"

knowing engineering, i think 'as the cold loop' would be even better
I added everyone's suggestions here, edited slightly to make it seem to fit on the candy heart.

(05-26-2017, 05:36 AM)misto Wrote: cut out snippets of (appropriate) text from timecube and worldwide gangster computer god and put them on the candy hearts

Could you post what you think are good quotes, my mind slightly exploded looking at either of these.