Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FEATURE] Durum Wheat, Semolina, Semolina Dough, and Pasta Sheets
Effect(s)
  • Adds the "durum wheat" wheat mutation.
  • Durum wheat can be converted into semolina in the food processor.
  • Semolina can be turned into semolina dough in the kitchen sink.
  • Semolina dough acts as per normal dough, except applying a rolling pin turns it into a pasta sheet instead of a pizza base.
  • Pasta sheets can be placed in the food processor to turn into spaghetti.
  • More recipes to follow!
Testing
  • Can grow durum wheat
  • Durum wheat can be turned into semolina in the food processor.
  • Semolina can be turned into pasta sheets with a rolling pin.
  • Pasta sheets can be turned into spaghetti in the food processor.
  • Semolina can be used as regular flour otherwise (made sweet dough from it, turned into cake; made hamburger substituting semolina dough).
Code
  • Link to changes
  • Link to patch
  • Note, includes .dmi files so as to allow for better pull requests into my develop branch; for the patch just remove everything from diff --git a/icons/obj/foodNdrink/food_ingredient.dmi b/icons/obj/foodNdrink/food_ingredient.dmi onwards to get the patch without the icon changes and manually add them to the relevant file (icon state names are semolina, dough_semolina, and pasta_sheet as relevant)
  • Icons
    • Semolina:
      [Image: XV6X8tE.png]
    • Semolina dough:
      [Image: 7SnR99y.png]
    • Pasta sheet:
      [Image: O169Xme.png]
Note(s)
  • Future patch planned with intention to make more interesting pasta/semolina dishes, just need to do the sprites (volunteers welcome) but figure folks can make use of the "can make spaghetti" ability in the meantime.
    • Oven: pasta sheet x2 + tomato sauce +<filling> = <filling> lasagna
    • Pasta sheet + knife/pizza cutter = pasta pieces
    • Pasta pieces + hand = <list of shapes> pasta (e.g. "rigatoni", "cannelloni", "conchiglie", "farfalle", "fettuccine", act as a reskinned spaghetti making the relevant dish instead of spaghetti plus potentially some classics like fetuccini alfredo)
    • Pasta pieces + <filling> = <filling> ravioli (similar to eggrolls or rangoons)
    • Oven: semolina + egg + sugar + milk = semolina pudding (similar to custard)
aw this is cute i like this
more stuff to cook is always nice
i sometimes wish there were more actual seeds because i'm bad at getting mutations to stick (at least, quickly and casually) but this makes sense
make pasta a material (specifically, a fabric) so I can alloy it with uqill and make impenetrable uqsta/pasill jumpsuits