Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
hi tell me how to blob please
[timg]http://i.imgur.com/r7dwd3l.png[/timg]

boy I'm sure this was fun for the blob, being discovered almost immediately and murdered

note the round timer

the other blob, which started in belt hell that round, also died pretty much immediately thanks to walls being RCDed + pods
(05-26-2017, 09:28 PM)Berrik Wrote: [timg]http://i.imgur.com/r7dwd3l.png[/timg]

boy I'm sure this was fun for the blob, being discovered almost immediately and murdered

note the round timer

the other blob, which started in belt hell that round, also died pretty much immediately thanks to walls being RCDed + pods

That's a pretty bad place for a core, right next to those plasma canisters. I also dont see any fire resistant membranes, or anything else for that matter, when really you need to be spamming those down as soon as you spawn your core. Recently as a lone blob I spawned in the main toxins room and was discovered right after I my spawn buff wore off, but managed to get the shuttle called in less than 20 minutes despite being attacked from all sides and the plasma being released and ignited.
update: blob still terribly unfun, I got made a midround blob, started in kitchen storage, and literally got beaten/lasered to death in two minutes

fuck blob on cog1

actually fuck blob anywhere else too, at least other antags can try to run away and lay low when they fuck up, thus having a chance to come back from mistakes
I was one of the people in that crew.
There were like, 3 or 4 people attacking you and we ordered flamethrowers the moment we knew you existed. Along with that, Escha was attacking you and she's experienced in Blob Murder.

You weren't doomed by being a Blob, you were doomed with one of the most competent shifts I have ever seen.
There's a grace period now that lets you respawn as blob if you get killed within 5-8 minutes of starting.
Sounds like you've just haven't handled blob yet. There is an EXTREMELY AGONIZINGLY HIGH learning curve with blob and positioning is vital. But once you're good, you're VERY good. (See: Wireblob)

I think the various changes are smoothing out this learning curve and removing the "abandon hope ye spacefarers" treshold where the once a blob reaches a specific size (see: takes over a department) it's near impossible to defeat outside nerd / borderline bad means such as canbombs / ttvs
(06-16-2017, 06:22 AM)Sundance Wrote: Sounds like you've just haven't handled blob yet. There is an EXTREMELY AGONIZINGLY HIGH learning curve with blob and positioning is vital. But once you're good, you're VERY good. (See: Wireblob)

hehehehehehe. never forget. that one time i annihilated a wireblob as soon as i saw it. i happened to be messing with telesci at the time. i was also a traitor so i just sent one billion welding tank bombs onto his nucleus. hehe