Mentor Application: Sovexe
Usual Character Name: Sov Exant
BYOND Username: Sovexe
Recommended by (if applicable): A few mentors said I should apply in post-round OOC, but they did not specifically state that I could list them as recommendations. As such I will allow them self identify if they wish rather than list their names without their explicit permission.
Times Available: US Eastern Weekdays after 6PM after I get home, and anytime weekends

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): I've been playing this game for a few months now, and I've learned a heck of a lot in that time. I believe that new players that are given proper guidance are far more likely to return to the server. As such the greater the number of new players I can help, the greater the overall player pool. This game is a ton of fun, but it's a real piece of work to learn when you've just arrived.

My experience in various roles:

Doctoring - I've Memorized all surgeries, can build a borg/AI, know all the meds including the newer blood chems, and I know how to use all the equipment - including Pathology. I also know various gene combos like fire breath, and how to make useful med stuff like strange reagent quite easily. My best ever virus was a combination of Acute fever and Leprosy - The crew lost all their limbs and spontaneously combusted whilst battling a never ending slew of stuns and slows from their symptoms.

Engineering - I've hell burned up past 200EW on Cog1 now, having learned the secrets of the gas that is not a gas to super charge my burns to new heights (No spoilers!). I can also setup SMES's and solars...or hotwire them and kill everyone with insta-gibbing shocks. I'm also pretty well versed in repairing things, whether that be walls, APCs, or building a replacement cloner

Science - I can cook up multiple max can bombs, use the teleporter to create a zombie zoo (which ended horribly mind you), and I've cleared a few adventure zones (not Solarium sadly...). I also know how to make some pretty deadly chem bombs, and some very useful medicines from memory.

Computering - As someone who's actual job involves fixing computers I really wanted to master computers in goonstation. I can do some pretty useful stuff using either DWAINE, ThinkDos, or my PDA. Here's some of the fun things I can do: gain su privledges, call/recall the shuttle, purge / fix the buddies, set buddies to various operating modes, open/close bolt/unbolt doors, spoof DETOMAX for infinite PDA bombs, spam PDAs and impersonate people, intercept PDA messages to spy, unlock any secure lockers, send radio messages using the mainframe, and repeatedly trigger the teleporter to spawn critters remotely. It should also go without saying that I can build any type of computer that I have parts for and get it on the network.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): Never been banned, only ever warned - but I haven't been yelled at in a good while A beaming sun
When ever I see you around you seem to be nice to be around and generally not shit a yes from me.
A fun player who knows space stuff.
Yes! Sov is always great to be around and would make a great mentor.
Knows things, not shit
good to go
Gud player.
(05-22-2017, 07:50 PM)Musketman12 Wrote: Knows things, not shit
good to go
i don't know enough about you to say a definitive yes, mostly cause timezones i think, but the times i've seen you you seem good. so, probably yes
As far as I can remember Sov is pretty not shit, don't know how much they know but they're a decently nice player.
I like you. Like, like like you. Like, really like you, as a mentor.
They're a good guy who knows a bunch of stuff and isn't shit. A yes from me!
You seem far more knowledgeable than the few months you've been here should allow.

Are you some kind of time traveler?

A yes from me.
Sov is very much a good player with enough knowledge to answer most of the questions that rise up via mentorhelp.

A big yes from me.
Dude knows more about the game than I do and you made me a mentor so sure, purple he.
(05-22-2017, 09:57 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 07:50 PM)Musketman12 Wrote: Knows things, not shit
good to go