Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spy_Theft gamemode feedbacks thread
(08-14-2017, 08:05 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Idea: Let spies send non-audible messages to the other spy PDAs through their own PDA.

I think it could create a dynamic where they have an opportunity to antagonize each other with taunts, but also somewhat work together indirectly.

Like two rival spies hosted in a neutral territory during a cold war.

I rather them not being able to work together, That would just create teams of spies who rampage the crew, which is why my Ebay system lacks any commenting or the ability to create descriptions on items you put up for auction
Anything that let's antags work together easily is bound to be abused, even if the abusers in question have good intentions.
I think that instead of spawning the spy's rewards directly on the floor, they should appear as a clickable button on the PDA window so that the spy can claim his toys whenever and wherever he wishes.

The reason for this is that a lot of the drop off sites are actual departments/public areas where other crew members "work"/mess around in and that makes it very dangerous for the spies.

Imagine working your ass off to acquire the Captain's left arm without getting caught and/or called out, bringing it to the drop site, and shoving it into your PDA only to have your traitor item be spotted and/or stolen by a random staff assistant who is now shouting over the radio that you are a bad man.

I would also suggest making unlocked spy PDAs automatically lock themselves or explode if someone other than it's owner picks it up. This will prevent fun hating vigilantes from camping the drop sites while armed to the teeth and killing all of the spies, thus effectively ruining the round  for everyone (this actually happened a few days ago).
(08-15-2017, 08:02 PM)Winklabom Wrote: I would also suggest making unlocked spy PDAs automatically lock themselves or explode if someone other than it's owner picks it up. This will prevent fun hating vigilantes from camping the drop sites while armed to the teeth and killing all of the spies, thus effectively ruining the round  for everyone (this actually happened a few days ago).

As much as I agree with this, PDAs that automatically lock themselves won't stop the issue.

I know this cause I manually locked my PDA before it could get checked and it didn't stop them turning it into fried electronics.
(08-15-2017, 09:54 PM)Technature Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 08:02 PM)Winklabom Wrote: I would also suggest making unlocked spy PDAs automatically lock themselves or explode if someone other than it's owner picks it up. This will prevent fun hating vigilantes from camping the drop sites while armed to the teeth and killing all of the spies, thus effectively ruining the round  for everyone (this actually happened a few days ago).

As much as I agree with this, PDAs that automatically lock themselves won't stop the issue.

I know this cause I manually locked my PDA before it could get checked and it didn't stop them turning it into fried electronics.

If you are who I think you are, it didn't matter if you locked your own PDA because the vigilante already had his hands on an unlocked spy PDA and was using that to camp the various spy drop sites.
(08-16-2017, 04:21 AM)Winklabom Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 09:54 PM)Technature Wrote:

If you are who I think you are, it didn't matter if you locked your own PDA because the vigilante already had his hands on an unlocked spy PDA and was using that to camp the various spy drop sites.

Well then it looks like having an auto-locking PDA would've helped out a lot there!
Resurrecting this thread because I've had a few spy-thief rounds recently and ended up feeling a little underwhelmed by it. I think it's good but could still use some tweaking. Couple of things I think could improve it right off the bat:

- I'm not sure the traitor item scaling is working properly, it's still easy to luck out and get a powerful rampage weapon right from the start with even a non-hot item. At the very least, surplus crates should probably be taken out of the loot pool at any point because that's a little ridiculous.

- I don't think spy-thieves should show up in mixed rounds, or without at least one other spy-thief spawning (though the latter is only an issue with a fairly low population). With no other spy-thieves to challenge/hunt their entire modus operandi is gone and all they have left is rolling around grabbing easy bounties and building up a metric ton of traitor gear.
(11-04-2017, 03:29 PM)Roomba Wrote: At the very least, surplus crates should probably be taken out of the loot pool at any point because that's a little ridiculous.

HOW WAS THIS MISSED!?!