Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spy_Theft gamemode feedbacks thread
Haha, maybe have it so an alive kidnapping provides more points, given the difficulty.
I wonder if someone could steal a set of kidneys from a living person and just leave them alive enough to wake up screaming that their kidneys have been stolen.

Like fill a bathtub full of ice and cyroxodone or whatever and drop the kidneyless person in it to slow down their death.
Just put some crew members that aren't spies on the kill list and you never know which ones
Gotta be things the crew wouldn't want to lose. Like limbs or brains. Or internals and backpacks. I know I'd fight someone to the death over my box of donks.
I'm going to add a random chance for 1 or 2 bounties to be marked as a **HOT** item. When a spy claims a HOT item, the reward will trend towards better stuff. Organs and personal items are heavily biased towards being HOT over the station items.
I feel like some unique spy-like weapons could be used for later rewards, for when the murdering starts. I have no ideas to offer right it now but what do you think?
(05-24-2017, 11:40 AM)Sundance Wrote: I feel like some unique spy-like weapons could be used for later rewards, for when the murdering starts. I have no ideas to offer right it now but what do you think?
  • A lighter that's a flamethrower
  • Shoes that are knives
  • A pen that shoots a laser
  • A clipboard that acts as a bullet repelling shield

Some real Q labs stuff
(05-24-2017, 12:16 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(05-24-2017, 11:40 AM)Sundance Wrote: I feel like some unique spy-like weapons could be used for later rewards, for when the murdering starts. I have no ideas to offer right it now but what do you think?
  • A lighter that's a flamethrower
  • Shoes that are knives
  • A pen that shoots a laser
  • A clipboard that acts as a bullet repelling shield

Some real Q labs stuff

A hidden watch that cuts handcuffs
I haven't gotten to mess around with the game mode yet so i don't know if it's already in or not but letting spies see what other spies want/need for their objectives might be cool

AGENT X- Needs to kill Honkers

Agent Y-Needs to steal the Nuclear disk

Agent P-Needs to Damage the Bar

This would let you set up sneaky spy traps and such to try and figure out who the enemy spies are BEFORE you get your fancy list
Ello. Recently had a spy round so I figure I could give some input.

Let's start with something simple, server pop was at about 40 iirc. I severely overestimated the amount of enemy spies there would be. I figured there would be approx 5 - 6. There was 3 including me. Whenever a spy round is going, the chances for immediate craziness are pretty well lowered due to the focused manhunt/stealing fest, so I'd argue that if a traitor round would roll about 4 traitors for a similar sized round, spy should have at least 2 more spies for a total of 6. Causes a more fierce competition for the bounties and more conflict for the crew to notice.

As for the bounty hunting: That round I only got two things and they were from the first list those two being my own ID card, and I believe some form of med-kit (And I was also a tad bit miffed I only got a stunmine and a signal jammer for them, respectively). Of the other items wanted, limbs from Shitty Bill and Father Jack appeared commonly. I'd recommend removing them as candidates for organ theft, but not for photography. Another issue is that some of the room names are super vague so you can't figure out where even to turn in your item. In this case, I had a defibrillator to turn in at the "Main Hallway". I tried every damned hallway between Arrivals, Botany, and circling back around and down to QM but couldn't turn it in.

As for the actual spy hunt, I was able to determine someone else was a spy due to them asking around about bounty items and going for the same thing I happened to be. I ended up convincing security he had brutally murdered someone, then ended up taking him down in a bathroom and slightly exploded by a microbomb implant he had. After a brief scuffle with the captain I was let about my business with no further incident and the crew's trust. I don't know how the other spy died that round. But I ended up using security as a personal hit squad to take down my spy enemy spy suspects. None of which happened to be actual spies but that mine from earlier became a useful framing device.

So in total:
Two bounties claimed
One enemy spy personally killed
Got security involved in the round
Paranoia hunting persisted beyond the final spy's death

Recommendations:
Making it easier to figure out which room your contact wants an item delivered in, especially for new players (Seriously where the fuck is "Main Hallway"?)
Don't let NPCs be the target of limb or organ thievery, too easy and doesn't involve the crew enough.
Maybe don't let a spy's ID card be picked as a target item. At least not in the first round of items.
The amount of spies for a round should probably be however many traitors a round would pick +2
Id like to see more Spy type missions instead of theft

So heres the idea...Every few rounds instead of multiple objectives there is only one shared among the spies. This mission awards better traitor items but will likely stir up a lot more attention

note:for the missions with a target the person should at least initially be on the station and not in an adventure zone or 'space'

possible missions:

1. assassinate: the target and deliver their brain. Every 45 seconds the spy pda updates with what room they are in so the spies can descend on the target quickly and end up in conflict

2. Sabotage the APC: all spies are alerted of an incoming supply drop arriving at one of the cargo belt areas. Inside is a special computer chip that must be placed into a specified APC causing it to begin to make noise before detonating, destroying the apc

3. Mutate the target: A certain crew member is marked for involuntary genetic testing. All spies are given the same dna activator for some horrible mutation in the victims dna. The first one to mutate the target wins, though they may compromise their identity if not careful. Like the assassinate objective the spies are given occasional updates on the targets location. As a bonus the mutation is unremovable via mutadone
(05-26-2017, 09:33 AM)Xeram Wrote: Making it easier to figure out which room your contact wants an item delivered in, especially for new players (Seriously where the fuck is "Main Hallway"?)
Don't let NPCs be the target of limb or organ thievery, too easy and doesn't involve the crew enough.
The amount of spies for a round should probably be however many traitors a round would pick +2

pretty good recs! I increased the number of spies (Might be overadjusted t.b.h., but I would like to see what happens), blocked NPCs from limb thievery, and blocked all maintenance and hallway areas from delivery.
I added spy thieves into mixed mode. The theft objectives are probably going to be easy without competing spies, but they are tasked with killing all the other traitors which might be interesting? If you end up encountering/playing as a spy in mixed, leave your thoughts
(05-27-2017, 08:15 PM)MyBlueCorners Wrote: I added spy thieves into mixed mode. The theft objectives are probably going to be easy without competing spies, but they are tasked with killing all the other traitors which might be interesting? If you end up encountering/playing as a spy in mixed, leave your thoughts

Do they still get a list of the antags names with enough things stolen?
If they are added to some point to mix like 10-20 minutes into the round atangs should get a warning message about the spy-thief being after them

Shitty examples-

Traitors-Agent 2X21, We have gotten word of an Enemy agent of the Greenlex Corporation has been sent to Assassinate you. We suggest you keep your eyes open

Wizards-You shudder as an vision of a shady man appears in your head, you don't know who he is but you know he wishes to kill you

Changeling- That smell, we remember it, It is the same smell those death-squad goons had in the bio-lab! We better keep our guard up or we might end up dead.

Wraith-A bright light pierces the darkness of the void, It is now clear to you a holy man has snuck aboard the station with plans to exorcise you from existence

Vampire- The primal part of your brain starts screaming of danger! You better keep you guard up or you might end up the one drained of life

Spy Thief- Your PDA Beeps and leaves you a message from your trusted informant telling you that your company has sent a second spy with the goal to kill you and finish your jobs. It seems the company wants the best of the best and now your going to show them it's your the best there is