Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quartermaster - The Thread
QM being the Mechanics of fabrication seems interesting
You could even dedicate the center of the room to a big fuck off square fabricator machine like the arc smelter and just get rid of the other fabs, leaving more space overall to move around
Hmm. Put all the fabricators in the QM's domain, as well as most of the useful equipment, all locked behind combo-locks that only the QMs know. In addition to being a dumb sales associate, the QM can be in charge of making and sending everything the station needs and hold the station at their mercy.

Basically, make a decent QM vital to the station getting anything to work with. Need medkits cus medbay only has a handful of poultice? Ask the QM. Need more than the teaspoon of plasma engineering gets to start the engine? Better hope it's on the budget.
(05-23-2017, 04:01 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Hmm. Put all the fabricators in the QM's domain, as well as most of the useful equipment, all locked behind combo-locks that only the QMs know. In addition to being a dumb sales associate, the QM can be in charge of making and sending everything the station needs and hold the station at their mercy.

Basically, make a decent QM vital to the station getting anything to work with. Need medkits cus medbay only has a handful of poultice? Ask the QM. Need more than the teaspoon of plasma engineering gets to start the engine? Better hope it's on the budget.
Some things should be available outside QM. Personally, I think general manufacturers and fabricators should be replaced with item vending machines. QM then becomes the place to get things for free, provided you can convince the QM to get it for you
(05-23-2017, 05:35 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(05-23-2017, 04:01 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Hmm. Put all the fabricators in the QM's domain, as well as most of the useful equipment, all locked behind combo-locks that only the QMs know. In addition to being a dumb sales associate, the QM can be in charge of making and sending everything the station needs and hold the station at their mercy.

Some things should be available outside QM. Personally, I think general manufacturers and fabricators should be replaced with item vending machines. QM then becomes the place to get things for free, provided you can convince the QM to get it for you

fill out a bike horn supply request form
(05-22-2017, 03:21 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: More interesting/exciting and unique crates to buy.

Making new crates/supply packs out of existing items/groups of items/randomized pools of items is super duper easy, as evidenced by the last couple of crate patches i did. The hard part is deciding what people want, so I'm always happy to do more if folks can come up with a list of items they'd like to see (along with prices, descriptions, locks, etc.)
(05-24-2017, 02:13 AM)Gannets Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 03:21 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: More interesting/exciting and unique crates to buy.

Making new crates/supply packs out of existing items/groups of items/randomized pools of items is super duper easy, as evidenced by the last couple of crate patches i did. The hard part is deciding what people want, so I'm always happy to do more if folks can come up with a list of items they'd like to see (along with prices, descriptions, locks, etc.)

butt crate: 200 credits.
contains one butt. this is my contribution to this thread

we need a hat crate to go with the costume crate. preferably hats that match with the costumes in the costume crate.
There is a crate suggestion thread folks:
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=8055

Please use that before we slide down the slippery slope of derailing this thread any further.
(05-24-2017, 03:08 AM)babayetu83 Wrote:

we need a hat crate to go with the costume crate. preferably hats that match with the costumes in the costume crate.

Free(you pay for the crate), but needs a key to open that you have to buy separately
To spice up both QM and the chef, have the traders request specific food items (assburgers, tacos and the like) rather than just generic 'food' because that's boring and everyone just empties out a nearby snack machine of burritos or something.
Let the chef make some Discount Dan's stuff (specifically burritos) with a reasonably complex recipe (tortilla, specifically mystery meat, some tomato sauce, some cheese, and some rancid milk) which creates them with a random set of reagents normally found only in Discount Dan's stuff.
(05-25-2017, 06:37 AM)Mordent Wrote: Let the chef make some Discount Dan's stuff (specifically burritos) with a reasonably complex recipe (tortilla, specifically mystery meat, some tomato sauce, some cheese, and some rancid milk) which creates them with a random set of reagents normally found only in Discount Dan's stuff.

Dear god yes
(05-25-2017, 06:37 AM)Mordent Wrote: Let the chef make some Discount Dan's stuff (specifically burritos) with a reasonably complex recipe (tortilla, specifically mystery meat, some tomato sauce, some cheese, and some rancid milk) which creates them with a random set of reagents normally found only in Discount Dan's stuff.

As an addendum, come up with an adjective that starts with each letter of the alphabet. Name them <adjective> <chef's first name> <item>.
  • Amateur Arthur's Burrito
  • Biodegradable Brian's Burrito
  • Crunchy Charlie's Burrito
  • Imitation Discount Dave's Burrito
  • Economy Earl's Burrito
  • Food-free Fred's Burrito
  • Gluten-rich Gary's Burrito
  • Hungry Harry's Burrito

EDIT: Just realised this is the QM thread, not the chef one. Whoops. Will copy into that one.
Can Traitorous QM'S get the old surplus supply crate with every traitor item in the game in it or at least a chip they can put into the Cargo ordering computer which allows them to buy the nerfed surplus crates using the station budget

Edit-To add onto my chip idea, instead of an emaging unlocking all the fun illegal goodies for Quartermasters, you can shove it onto the chip and then add some more outrageous goodies for syndicate QM'S that would normally never work because of fears of buffing the EMAG