Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change the Grills in Cog1's Belt Hell
[Image: 2nObml3.png]
These grills tend to get broken when QM uses Belt Hell after getting hit by a couple of crates. I discovered this during a round the other day when several lab monkey crates being sent to Sec instead got shot off the station.

Changing them to reinforced windows maybe would make them less likely to break during normal use.
if the crates are slamming into them, making them reinf windows will only make it last a bit longer. which grill specifically is it? could be remedied by change even 1 into a wall
Feature, imo. Welcome to NT's shitty station design.
Sounds like a feature to me i dunno.

Worst case scenario you go and fix it by placing a girder/wall
As funny as it is to declare this a feature, it kinda blows that you could break a fundamental feature and have to repair it multiple times
(05-21-2017, 03:46 PM)CounterfeitFaker Wrote: [Image: 2nObml3.png]
I discovered this during a round the other day when several lab monkey crates being sent to Sec instead got shot off the station.

This sounds like an amazing feature why would you get rid of it?
if its such a feature, it should be placed in a place that gets more traffic, such as the disposals launchers, rather than wherever this is
Which grilles exactly are the problem here? I'm assuming its these two?

[Image: PKM2lRz.png]
Quote:This sounds like an amazing feature why would you get rid of it?
Because it makes belt hell useless for QM shipping?

Quote:Which grilles exactly are the problem here? I'm assuming its these two?
Both of them. Just tested by trying to ship two crates from QM to Sec and when I went to check both grills were gone. Both crates arrived at their destination, but anything after that I tried to send jumped over the space where the grilles had been and was launched out the mass driver.
gonna steal this thread to say that the crusher should have flaps on both sides not just the exit cause why the fuck are they only on the side that only scrap comes out of of.
Well this explains why belt hell is never used for delivery on cog1
couldnt u just replace the lower grill with a wall, which will then protect the upper one
fixed this by putting some girders in the problem area instead of grilles

(05-24-2017, 11:57 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: gonna steal this thread to say that the crusher should have flaps on both sides not just the exit cause why the fuck are they only on the side that only scrap comes out of of.

I think it's a little bit of a safety feature so that people who are running through belt hell don't accidentally crush themselves on the back end of the crusher.