Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What job should I first start out with?
So I've been trying to get back into goon, and would like to know what job do you think is best to start out with? Other than assistant of course.
Depends on how much social interaction you want and how much you already understand game mechanics

Mining and Botany are chill jobs you won't have to talk to people or move around much out of the work area

Janitor you'll move around and talk to people, Barman you'll stay put
I always recommend botany. It's a great crash course in game mechanics and is very chill, as frank said. I actually recommend it over SA.

After that would probably be something medical, so you can [re]learn how to heal, or mining, so you can [re]learn how to deal with space.
I highly recommend either botanist or chef.

Don't go clown until after you've had a lot more experience [back] under your belt.
Assistant. Noone expects anything from an assistant. Aside of making problems.
mining is good, because people also dont really expect much out of mining, and you get space suits and junk extra easy and can go zoom off into the wild black yonder
Robotcist

Make borgs and practice surgery basics on bodies

Dead people are very patient while you read wiki
You're also going to want to reacquaint yourself with fighting, specifically the stamina system. I recommend fighting monkeys, they are formidable sparring partners that typically show a degree of mercy after whooping yer butt. But, I wouldn't recommend going Assistant until after you get the hang of wrestling the controls.

Roboticist is a good role, you get to learn a lot about surgery and revive the dead! Mining is great for learning how space works and avoiding human contact.
Okay by coming back I mean I played 10 rounds and left and I am giving goon naother shot