Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a cult mode, or something of that nature
i'm just gonna throw this out here because i think it'd make rounds more exciting as they always turn into full out pvps. no idea how to make a cult mode goon though...
unless
we can make a Sol cult smile
(idk)
it's something that every server outside of ours possesses, however.
You really ought to put more effort into your posts if you want them to be taken seriously, especially if you're going to make gamemode suggestions.
revs could roleplay the revolution as a cult if they wanted

are spare cutlery boxes orderable at qm? a bunch of revs with kitchen knives for sacrificial daggers could be quite dangerous

well

i just had a small brainwave

you know how different jobs have different toys when they are traitor, maybe different jobs could have slightly different twists on being rev head, and culty shit could be the chaplain's rev head twist
I said in that other thread, a cult like idea is having the antagonist play as a semi-omnipresent God like being, that can't really directly interact with the station but can influence people on it and slowly break their minds, either turning them into gibbering maniacs, or converting them into cultists they can direct to do actions that will lead them to being able to cross over planes of existence and wreck real havoc on the station
maybe deputizing cultists could be a wraith power
i dont think cult would work very well with a tiny server population
TBH I'd like to see an infection style mode where some alien disease overtakes one player and instructs them to convert everybody else. It's cult without actually being cult. Combine elements of the old alien mode where the hosts have some constructables (like some kind of resource gathering system, walls, turrets, and some kind of thing that ends the round when it has enough resources)

The primary infector is a player who can generate spores at a slow pace, and upon enough spores they can infect another person. Slow infection is much slower but is much cheaper to use. Fast infection happens almost instantly but takes a lot of spores to pull off.

Upon conversion, new converts are referred to as workers, and are tasked with building a base on the station that can withstand efforts from the crew to destroy it. In addition once they have a solid resource gathering system set up, they can create new workers by upgrading old workers into new infectors. (alternatively, Workers sacrifice themselves to create new infector eggs or something, I dunno.)

The round end thing could probably be some kind of alien nuke that infects everybody within its gas cloud, with a message stating that the parasites have reached critical mass.

edit: I somehow stopped writing this while doing something else and just never found the time to finish writing it after losing a train of thought, I do think the idea of Rev mixed with RTS could be fun, but maybe not as an alien disease.
As long as there's no tome or word research crap to get anything done I'd love to see goon's version of a cult mode.
remember His Grace? maybe he could return, in a more group focused and co operative form
For a less work intensive cult thing, why not take a look at the reasons cult has never been added before.

A. Nerds use it as a reason to do lame cult murder gimmicks as nonantags

Easy answer is to make Cult about as noticeable as cluwnes. Give them their own Alcolyte Uniforms that can't be removed unless deculted. It also could serve as a way for cult members to recognize eachother in the absence of a UI prompt (and an easy way for noncultists to hide in plainsight)

B. Culty things tend to involve chaplain wayyy too much

Extend some of chaplain's powers to some other players at random, so they can take over if chaplain dies. These could serve as loyalists who can't be culted.

Cluwne cult sounds funny but I doubt the admins would go for that. although a natural resistance to cluwning could come in handy in wizard rounds as well.

C. Cult is too close to rev and gang

Only thing I could think of would be to borrow some mechanics from other game modes, or look at game mechanics goon hasn't adopted yet.

What if performing certain actions netted the cult upgrades like a metroidvania game.
(05-20-2017, 08:39 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: For a less work intensive cult thing, why not take a look at the reasons cult has never been added before.

A. Nerds use it as a reason to do lame cult murder gimmicks as nonantags

Easy answer is to make Cult about as noticeable as cluwnes. Give them their own Alcolyte Uniforms that can't be removed unless deculted. It also could serve as a way for cult members to recognize eachother in the absence of a UI prompt (and an easy way for noncultists to hide in plainsight)

B. Culty things tend to involve chaplain wayyy too much

Extend some of chaplain's powers to some other players at random, so they can take over if chaplain dies. These could serve as loyalists who can't be culted.

Cluwne cult sounds funny but I doubt the admins would go for that. although a natural resistance to cluwning could come in handy in wizard rounds as well.

C. Cult is too close to rev and gang

Only thing I could think of would be to borrow some mechanics from other game modes, or look at game mechanics goon hasn't adopted yet.

What if performing certain actions netted the cult upgrades like a metroidvania game.

A: The whole idea of a cult is secrecy etc. Also giving them fixed uniforms they cant take off would step on the toes of gang mode.

B: Holy water can decurse/decluwne people, that funtion could be entended to cultists. Or it could burn them horribly like vampires. Same with the bible, but I dont think the chaplain himself should get any immunity to cult powers.

C: Im guessing the difference would be that a cult would be actively murdering random people as sacrifices and would also need to keep it's numbers low to prevent discovery. There could be a limit to the number of cultists that changes with crew size.