Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bleach recipe
We have ammonia, why don't we have bleach?

1 part Salt, 1 part Oxygen produces Sodium Hypochlorite, a green solid with an acrid smell. Useful as a medical disinfectant or ingredient in disease-fighting chems?

1 part Sodium Hypochlorite and 1 part Water produces Bleach, a white liquid with an acrid smell. Bleach burns severely when ingested and burns minorly when touched.

Bleach can be used to clean up blood stains from items and the floor but it leaves a telltale smell behind for a while. It removes forensics traces from items. It also turns paintable items white. You can use it to poison drinking glasses but you better cover it up with something strong.

When mixed with Ammonia it instantly produces Chlorine Gas that causes burn+toxic damage to anyone in range.
while i do like the idea of chlorine gas terrorism, and people have been asking for paint remover chems for some time, i dont really dig further complicating the current chem interactions. maybe ammonia could react with space cleaner in the desired way
(05-24-2017, 02:49 AM)misto Wrote: while i do like the idea of chlorine gas terrorism, and people have been asking for paint remover chems for some time, i dont really dig further complicating the current chem interactions. maybe ammonia could react with space cleaner in the desired way

Ammonia is part of the recipe for space cleaner, so I'd be VERY careful with this. Regardless, I think most of this could be achieved by simply doing the following:
  • Add a very mild burn damage on touch with space cleaner (probably just 1 per touch, for quantities up to 10, 2 per touch for quantities up to 50, and 5 per touch for 50+). Basically, it has way better alternatives if you're actually looking to do damage.
  • Add a small amount of burn damage to space cleaner's on_life proc.
  • Space cleaner + hydrochloric acid smokes themselves plus any other contents of the container. Space cleaner and hydrochloric acid being smoked will cause damage as-is (minor burn from space cleaner touch, moderate burn from acid touch, minor toxin from space-cleaner life, minor burn from space-cleaner life, moderate burn from acid life).

For the paint-remover, I still think we could just apply this to acetone's touch effect. You could smoke/foam it then to clear a large area of paint.
Yeah, acetone is a paint thinner so if we need a paint stripper chem, it should do that.. And I guess since we already have Space Cleaner it can be a rough analog for bleach here.