Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove the Inmate special job
Security is already the least played job on the station. Very few people will willingly sign up as an officer, especially these days, where the most actual Sec I've seen at one time is myself as HoS and one other officer. It's just not a job most people see as fun, and it's very clear why: it's thankless, difficult, sometimes stressful, and to some people, wearing a beret or red uniform gives them free license to fuck with you. I don't mind that. They're aspects of the job I've come to accept, and they're not going to change anytime soon.

Inmate, however, artificially adds difficulty and stress to Security that is just painful to deal with. Inmates, for those unaware, spawn directly into the genpop Brig.  This doesn't set a timer for them or anything, they just pop into existence. Naturally, people will immediately set about breaking out, and for some strange reason, spawning in as an actual criminal seems to predispose people to fucking with Security even more than usual! I don't know about you, but I don't want to have to worry about people causing havoc in the Brig while I'm out trying to find a traitor or a ling - havoc I cannot avoid, because people spawn in there directly and genpop is not secure in the slightest. I don't want to have to pay attention to the job announcements, and head back to the Brig every single time I see "Inmate" rear its ugly head, just to avoid problems.

There's no upsides to this job existing. Special jobs should be amusing callbacks to the past, not headaches, even if it is only once every few rounds.
it's not a special job lol

/thread