Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Donkonium
I was thinking about stims, and I felt like more could be done with the concept. 
So I created Donkonium, a chemical that reduces stuns and heals you based on how long it's been in your body. This also comes with the danger of running out - the longer it's been in you the more severe the effects when it runs its course.

You can find the request here

I'm open to suggestions, especially for recipe. I think this should be non-traitor but decently difficult to acquire. Currently I'm thinking Omnizine + Strange Regent + Methamphetamine + Sugar  but I'm open to suggestions.
I appreciate the fact that if you measure your Donkonium out just right (exactly 40 units) you get no negative side-effects.

No, but seriously, probably just want to remove the if from that last else-if.
(05-17-2017, 03:39 PM)Mordent Wrote: I appreciate the fact that if you measure your Donkonium out just right (exactly 40 units) you get no negative side-effects.

No, but seriously, probably just want to remove the if from that last else-if.

Good catch, thanks!
At work so I can't go through it in too much detail, but I feel like it needs a "addiction_prob" comparable to meth.

Due to the fact that it's basically Stimulants Lite, and people already have enough of a problem with meth-fuelled rampagers, I would make acquiring large volumes of it awkward by upping the recipe suggestion to:

Omnizine + Strange Reagent + Triple Meth + Sugar

Keep in mind that Strange Reagent is typically not hard to make once you've got omnizine, so that as a requirement isn't really a setback. Meth is mass-produced by scientists regularly, oftentimes in the hundreds-of-units amount, but triple meth is harder to mass produce.
Warning: Triple meth is basically impossible to produce in any significant quantity on Destiny, as the production process completely murders your motives if you do it too much.
(05-19-2017, 10:05 AM)awfulworldkid Wrote: Warning: Triple meth is basically impossible to produce in any significant quantity on Destiny, as the production process completely murders your motives if you do it too much.

... the fuck do you think monkeys are for?
Also it should not be able to be used in the infusion crafting recipe because that would be way to OP
(05-19-2017, 12:45 PM)HydroFloric Wrote: Also it should not be able to be used in the infusion crafting recipe because that would be way to OP

That would kill you.
(05-20-2017, 05:21 AM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 12:45 PM)HydroFloric Wrote: Also it should not be able to be used in the infusion crafting recipe because that would be way to OP

That would kill you.

*Removes suit* *insta-crits* FFFFUUUUUUCKKK

Question: can stimulants be used in it?
(05-20-2017, 10:42 AM)Mordent Wrote:

Question: can stimulants be used in it?

I'm not sure if you can even use stimulants, but, in my opinion, if you're lucky enough to find a star stone on a traitor round in which you also have access to stimulants, more power to you.

Besides, you'd have to wait quite a while for the infusion to get you over the 5 unit volume threshold required for beneficial effects from the stims anyway. You'd take quite a lot of damage in the process and would also have to deal with periodic stuns as well.
You could buy two packs of stims and use one before you put on the suit infused with stims.
(05-20-2017, 04:45 PM)awfulworldkid Wrote: You could buy two packs of stims and use one before you put on the suit infused with stims.

It still seems like it'd be pretty easily shut down by haloperidol darts.

Either way, we're getting sidetracked from the original patch.
does not compile
(06-01-2017, 11:19 AM)zewaka Wrote: does not compile

It does now!