Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Donkonium
It compiles now, but it causes an infinite loop when the reagent depletes in every case where it calls add_reagent() within on_remove().  The only ones that didn't cause it were the lowest and highest severity, all three others do.  The effects of this loop are:
- The mob is spammed with messages and barfs as many times as a message plays, until the infinite loop protection kicks in.
- The mob can no longer click on anything in-game.
- The mob loop hangs.
I know that as a new coder you're not going to catch everything, and I don't expect you to understand the full implications of locking up the mob loop (it's very, very bad to do that), but you really should have caught some of this in testing.

Please remember to test your code thoroughly!
(06-07-2017, 12:40 PM)Haine Wrote: It compiles now, but it causes an infinite loop when the reagent depletes in every case where it calls add_reagent() within on_remove().  The only ones that didn't cause it were the lowest and highest severity, all three others do.  The effects of this loop are:
- The mob is spammed with messages and barfs as many times as a message plays, until the infinite loop protection kicks in.
- The mob can no longer click on anything in-game.
- The mob loop hangs.
I know that as a new coder you're not going to catch everything, and I don't expect you to understand the full implications of locking up the mob loop (it's very, very bad to do that), but you really should have caught some of this in testing.

Please remember to test your code thoroughly!

That is very strange, I caught and fixed this issue near the beginning of testing. Maybe I sent you outdated code accidentally frown