Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Phat Lewt part 1(?)
This patch adds a couple new loot items, ideas taken from this thread.

These items are also added to the loot crate pool and replace the voltron in a couple spots.

I decided to post the sprites as their own dmi here, and there is an object I wasn't able to code in there too.

As always my code handiwork isn't the best and there is probably a lot to shift around and fix.

Items added:
  • Titan's ring: Gives the hulk genetic power when worn, removes it when not.
  • Pocket Locker: Acts like a body bag, but is solid like a locker when closed.
  • Yeti's Earmuffs: Keeps you warm and cozy but blocks sound.
  • Frog Jumpsuit: Gives the jumpy genetic power, gets out when not.
  • Brighter: A bright lighter.
Compare: https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...t?expand=1
Fantastic!
These are great! Would it be possible for some of these items to turn up in trader pools? Shouldn't be too hard, looking at the code, it's just lists afaik.

..heh.. like I know what I talking about ..heh..

:I
I have a few one minor suggestions!
  • I would make the /obj/item/clothing/under/gimmick/frog check if you already have jumpy before it's equipped so it does not try to remove it if you already have it
  • I would do the same for /obj/item/clothing/gloves/titanring
(05-14-2017, 10:33 AM)ErikHanson Wrote: I have a few one minor suggestions!
  • I would make the /obj/item/clothing/under/gimmick/frog check if you already have jumpy before it's equipped so it does not try to remove it if you already have it
  • I would do the same for /obj/item/clothing/gloves/titanring

This does mean that if you have that effect removed while you're wearing it (e.g. mutadone) you'd have to re-equip in order to have it take effect, but I agree that this is the lesser of the issues (less likely to occur, for one, but also has a workaround - namely re-equipping - whereas flat out removing the effect would have no workaround).
I actually coded most of these myself before I saw your patch, only thing left was the pocket locker and I had that kind half done as well (though I probably need to rethink my implementation of it anyway.)  It worked out though because it helped me fix some bugs along the way!  v