Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
State Of The Goonion - Communication is key!
I don't know what the tg hotkey styles are. What's are the differences?
I'm assuming this.

I tried it. I managed to accidentally throw my pants at the clown.

Now that's what I call intuitive.
Playercounts have been a lot healthier recently with trialing spy_theft and the new keybinds and such. So that's rad. Plus, the more tg/baycode folks we bring in, the more we get to show off our silly gimmicks to people for the first time and that's grand.
As per communication; it would be nice to know why some things are put squarely in the rejected patches subforum.

All the patches in that current subforum for the most part have no reason as why they are there, no comment from admin as to why they were rejected. This is disheartening, considering some of the code was either hard worked on, or seemed like it would contribute to the game.

Example of one that is an obvious bad patch:
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=7093
(changes the effects of Candy Corn for one user. A good standard on what's bad imo, no offense Arborinus)

Example of one that is not obvious at all
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=6365
(Can set different levels of contraband in security)

Just a small comment from a coder as to why it's rejected, such as "Insufficient" or "Concept already worked on" or "Pretty stupid" or "doesn't add anything to game" would not go amiss for the general public.
I haven't looked at bug reports or patches just yet (still learning the ropes etc.) but I know in future I aim to be fairly transparent about my decisions.

more promises from cirr whee at least this one i can keep
(05-31-2017, 04:53 AM)Sundance Wrote: Example of one that is not obvious at all

the link no longer works, the code no longer exists, thus I can't implement something that does not exist

edit: i also added reasons to all
(05-31-2017, 12:38 PM)zewaka Wrote:

the link no longer works, the code no longer exists, thus I can't implement something that does not exist

I still have that laying around if yall want it finished
(05-31-2017, 02:45 PM)ErikHanson Wrote:

It'd be nice

By the way, what happened to all of your github stuff anyway?
(05-31-2017, 02:59 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(05-31-2017, 02:45 PM)ErikHanson Wrote:

It'd be nice

By the way, what happened to all of your github stuff anyway?

Just some dumb drama around that time, someone i won't name told me that they where talking about making me coder and i was pretty darn happy, only to be told a few weeks later that people went "lol no" so i decided to fuck off because why put in some effort if nobody was going to merge it anyway, but considering people seem more active now i might bring back some of my patches
I just wanted to thank you guys for doing this again.
Stuff I'm kinda curious about:

What direction do the admins want to take the server in the future? What systems do they want to improve or tweak, and what kind of things do they want to experiment with?

How do they feel about lljk1 as opposed to the main server? It's always seemed to me the other server has been a testing grounds of sorts, either literally as a place for players to mess with game mechanics and to insert in beta code, or as a place to try new playstyles like building and higher RP.
(06-27-2017, 10:58 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Stuff I'm kinda curious about:

What direction do the admins want to take the server in the future? What systems do they want to improve or tweak, and what kind of things do they want to experiment with?

How do they feel about lljk1 as opposed to the main server? It's always seemed to me the other server has been a testing grounds of sorts, either literally as a place for players to mess with game mechanics and to insert in beta code, or as a place to try new playstyles like building and higher RP.

I'd like to see LLJK 1 have more "ship-like" stuff. Currently, the Destiny just feels like a slimline station with engines tacked on the end. It'd be a nice way to give the round a feeling of progression if you could fly around to new star systems and beyond the final frontier.
Having Destiny move from location to location was always an aim from day one. But from what I understand, it'd be a lot of work and we don't really have anything similar to base it off. FTL13 have a moving ship that works well, but that code runs on tg code and wouldn't be something we could just simply drop in to our codebase.
So another big change was thrown on us with no warning. I thought asking the community if something sounded cool enough to try, so coders could have gotten tons of feedback before a big idea got added so that players got to play in a better game environment which would in turn avoid the scorn of players who were thrust into a unfun environment and expected to be happy about it.

Was this all just fluff to make us be quiet at the time this thread was made? Cause we were told communication about changes would get better and now we are back at square one.

Posting this cause coders ignored my questions on this topic and when someone else agreed with me he was told to make a admin complaint.

All my questions about what fun this fluid change would bring and what the goal was were completely ignored and just got one admin upset where he decided to not read everything I said and talk down to me. Going as far as asking why I do I even play on this server anymore. For the record I think this is a cool concept of a idea. I just wanted to know what fun it could bring to the game and what the overall goal was for the idea and why no communication was given about it. All of which was ignored or I was talked down to about it.

My main issue was that after being told communication between coders and the community would get better that it seems that it's not true and it seems to be that way with the way I was ignored and treated for asking that in discord. After something is added knowing what they think about the idea, why they wanted it in the game and the goals they wanted to achieve with the idea is nice to know. Gives you a better understanding on what they plan and what they are thinking and how they want to change the game so more new and fun things are added.

I'm very disappointed cause instead of getting answers I was ignored and pretty much told to go play somewhere else. This would have been a admin complaint if this thread did not exist.

EDIT: Me asking coders "What fun do you think this will bring?" is not me saying "I don't think this has any chance of being fun why did you add it to the game?!" and asking "What's the goals you have for this idea?" is not me asking "How did you think it was a good idea to put this in the game?"
(10-29-2017, 02:47 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Me asking coders "What fun do you think this will bring?" is not me saying "I don't think this has any chance of being fun why did you add it to the game?!" and asking "What's the goals you have for this idea?" is not me asking "How did you think it was a good idea to put this in the game?"

Okay what do these questions then mean?
[Image: 8ViUoBh.png]
Seems more like you're heavily implying this is a bad addition that you hate. And not, as you say, just a question. Your tedious and frequently insulting tone is what nets you the negative feedback from us, not any lack of willingness from us to talk to players.

I don't exactly regret asking you why you still play on our servers if this is your attitude towards pretty much everything. Hope this explains every question you had!