Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
State Of The Goonion - Communication is key!
I am happy that communication is going to happen when it comes to big changes. Giving Feedback before a change is put into the game can only be a good thing. Thank you wire I greatly appreciate you taking the time to make this post and spearheading this massive change in communication. I look forward to more community updates.
This is a step in the right direction A beaming sun
smile
I knew you guys could handle this, thank you for being such a thoughtful staff! Y'all're the reason I keep coming back here, and also who make a here to come back to.
Bless y'all, thank you so much for this. I have to say though, I'm kind of curious whether the Cog1 map change is negatively affecting playercount in its own ways too by confusing newer players

I definitely do notice that I bump into people more on it though, which makes me happy because it's one of the positives of the map
(05-12-2017, 03:31 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Bless y'all, thank you so much for this. I have to say though, I'm kind of curious whether the Cog1 map change is negatively affecting playercount in its own ways too by confusing newer players

I definitely do notice that I bump into people more on it though, which makes me happy because it's one of the positives of the map

There was actually 42 players on today! More than I have seen in a while.
Bring back poo for a day? it's dreck
wire bestmin
Neat. This post was definitely needed.

As far as features go, would it not be best to kind of list what the community needs or wants? So we can actually spearhead the direction we want to take this?

For example I have two major projects I've undertaken, one recent collab with mageziya and another a personal labor of love, along with the past collab with Noah on the borg patch.

How does a scrub spriter like me actually get coders to take up the mantle? My only guess if theres a large community campaign (rather than these little personal projects) on something such as "we need to fix medical" and then we actually list what it needs, then coders and spriters can do it bit by bit. On the forum no less; it would get lost in IRC or discord. Which is one of the reasons I felt like the current system of coding is stifling; it discourages collaborative effort when things are done behind closed doors.

Nothing needs to change: code still remains private, would only be "given" to other coders willing to work on that campaign, and then we tick that box and move on. I would definitely lend a hand in something like that.
(05-13-2017, 04:29 AM)Sundance Wrote: Nothing needs to change: code still remains private, would only be "given" to other coders willing to work on that campaign, and then we tick that box and move on. I would definitely lend a hand in something like that.

I would also definitely be willing to lend a hand to something like that!
we have a rlly great coderbase and i appreciate the shit out of u. thx 4 this
(05-12-2017, 11:02 AM)Wire Wrote: We're looking at approaching more people for coder roles

A beaming sun
(05-14-2017, 05:31 PM)ErikHanson Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 11:02 AM)Wire Wrote: We're looking at approaching more people for coder roles

A beaming sun

not you tho
(05-14-2017, 07:44 PM)Wire Wrote:

A beaming sun

not you tho
rekt
(05-14-2017, 07:44 PM)Wire Wrote:

A beaming sun

not you tho

I agree 100% with this decision.