Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sweet Loot
(05-15-2017, 11:05 PM)Haine Wrote: I love a lot of these ideas and I am going to add a bunch I think

This is the best news of 2017
This is probably a terrible idea

Spacial Displacement Cannon (Aka the GOAWAY gun))

A rather large gun that shoots teleportation at people.

You need a fairly good understanding of telescience to use it, it eats powercells very quickly, and occasionally it teleports things from the preset location instead of teleporting things to it. Unfortunately you can't teleport yourself with it or you'll explode. Unless of course you want to gib yourself and destroy the gun.

E.g set it to medbay, (hoping that you have the right zlevel) and shoot that guy who's dying right into medbay.
(05-19-2017, 12:28 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: This is probably a terrible idea

<terrible idea>

Unless we're talking an antag-only item (already half-exists, albeit to tracking beacons and not telescience coordinates), this will very quickly be used to send people to go and die in space/the combustion chamber/etc.
TBH I personally am fine with overpowered bullshit as long as the spawn chance is so slim you can never build a round around it
  • Pinpointer's Spectacles: On examine, gives you the XY coordinates on a tile
  • Danky Kong's Special Reserve: A banana flavored, THC laced rum that makes you temporarily immune to slipping
  • Crow Bar: A crowbar that is a literal crow
  • Malk: Looks like milk, but incredibly bad for you. Now with vitamin R!
  • Merciful Mimic Backpack: A mimic in the form of a backpack. Bonds with the first person that puts it on, will bite the arms off others that try to open it
The worst idea of them all:

fidget spinners/cubes
(05-19-2017, 12:28 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: This is probably a terrible idea

Spacial Displacement Cannon (Aka the GOAWAY gun))

A rather large gun that shoots teleportation at people.

You need a fairly good understanding of telescience to use it, it eats powercells very quickly, and occasionally it teleports things from the preset location instead of teleporting things to it. Unfortunately you can't teleport yourself with it or you'll explode. Unless of course you want to gib yourself and destroy the gun.

E.g set it to medbay, (hoping that you have the right zlevel) and shoot that guy who's dying right into medbay.

make it be like making someone drink port or tricking them into punching you while wearing the obs crown instead of anything complicated

if its too strong and needs a counterbalance, make it so that overusing it makes it teleport itself away
Dufflebag: with three extra inventory spaces. big enough to hide a body in!
Dark matter goggles: makes you see through everything, meaning all you can see is the void and horrible hallucinations when you put them on
Slightly less terrible idea maybe:

RNG: A gun that provides a random buff, curse or status effect upon contact with it's laser. Ranging from good health to ants in your blood to fire, with a scale of severity based on how high or low the number is. Slight parody of the BFG. Probably super rare. The sprite could just be a gold colored phaser or something.

Pool of effects could include (non exploding) chemicals in your blood stream, being changed into an animal chosen from Wizard's polymorph spell, fire, ice, mutations, or absolutely nothing!

Cue games of RNG roulette.
Flashdark: Well, it's like a flashlight, but uh, it makes things darker. I guess you could find a use for something like this?