Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PvE > PvP
Just gonna make this short. And no I don't think this should be applied to LLJK2, it'd work best on LLJK1

I've kinda stopped playing on Goon recently due to FTL13, and for many reasons. However, there's one that sticks out.

As you could probably guess from the title, PvE is that reason. Instead of having a risk of working together and possibly being killed by a coworker and sitting in deadchat for a few hours, you gotta work together to, well, not die.

In FTL13 there's a common enemy and there's a mission to kill them or at least involves killing them, unlike LLJK1 where there's no real common goal among the crew and the captain's probably gonna eat you and leave you trapped in a boring hivemind. 

I know the devs are working hard and I really do appreciate that, but more effort into a PvE experience or a common goal with possible traitoring in there while everyone actively works to achieve a mission.

I dunno, I just would love to see LLJK1 be more... Alive. Special place in my spaceman heart, ya know?
Wasn't that the whole point of that construction mode server we had for a while that eventually became a ghost town that no one ever visited?
(05-12-2017, 07:24 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Wasn't that the whole point of that construction mode server we had for a while that eventually became a ghost town that no one ever visited?

Wasn't this also back in the day when the Janitor would be spaced for making the floors wet? Perhaps we've "matured" enough to where PvE:Construct could be viable.
Nah. That wasn't that long ago. The reason I left construction mode right quickly was because a few 'special' people started treating the server like their own little pillow fort. The actual PvE element was kinda fun.

As I said before, I definitely like a break from paranoia-modes by having something with clear-cut antagonists. Predator and werewolf, for instance, or gang. The problem with PvE is that it more or less needs a DM to make it suitably entertaining. That leads me to... bump that thread again. Yeah, gonna go do that.
My main gripe about contruct mode was it was a massive, often incomplete mess with no rhyme or reason.

If there was PvE, there should be a kind of narrative thread to it. The enemy encounters should have an arc to them
(05-12-2017, 08:07 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: My main gripe about contruct mode was it was a massive, often incomplete mess with no rhyme or reason.

If there was PvE, there should be a kind of narrative thread to it. The enemy encounters should have an arc to them

So something that would probably need a DM to work?
A DM ain't bad. Another option is a semi-random branching path of "events"

Something like:

Start of round: "Martians" are picked randomly from a list of round antagonists
Act 1: "Invasion" is randomly from a list of act 1 events associated with Martians. There is a win condition
Act 2: Another event is chosen based on the Martian invasion plot. It'll be picked from a win or lose list, based on the end result from the last round
Act 3: Same as before

So then it's a matter of setting up all these scenarios and letting them play out. Probably more work than just a simple DM, but more autonomous in the long run
To be honest, my problem with construction mode was that it was just... boring.

You could build things, which is obtuse due to the nature of SS13.... and that was it. There was nothing else other than to build, and of which you had no concerns for health due to respawn, and resources were easy to obtain.
(05-12-2017, 10:04 AM)Mageziya Wrote: To be honest, my problem with construction mode was that it was just... boring.

You could build things, which is obtuse due to the nature of SS13.... and that was it. There was nothing else other than to build, and of which you had no concerns for health due to respawn, and resources were easy to obtain.

Leave in the construction elements, take out the (immediate) respawn, and make resources, other than the initial pile to get the station started, obtained through mining and the QM. You can respawn after 45 minutes or so. Occasionally, hostile mobs and antagonists would wander by looking to stir up trouble. Round lasts until no more construction is possible or something.

Spacecraft 13.
I'd rather focus on repairing and maintaining rather than construction, but if there is construction please provide a base frame to work from rather than having the whole thing user built
What about a SS13 arena mode, where the round is broken into levels and the crew is rewarded if all of them stay alive long enough. The limit would be something like 5 levels unless an admin feels like punishing everybody with higher difficulty. People can only round join upon success or failure of the crew, unless they can use their ingame wealth to purchase an arrival shuttle visit, otherwise new players would just spawn on a chill observation deck (maybe referred to as Valhalla). The actual in game map (outside of the observation room dead players and new players could chill in) could be kept fairly small to make it easy to repair against things like drones, and more explosive enemies.

I think VR already has arena though so it might be a fruitless suggestion.