Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give the Journalist an end of the round popup with a simple news article + picture
So. In my opinion the gimmick jobs are pretty much useless and boring at the moment. The first idea I had to improve atleast 1 of them is to let the Journalist create an actual news story that everyone can read at the end of the round, that comes in its own end of the round popup. It could make for some funny moments and memories from the station.

Let them take one picture taken with their camera and add it to some newstory item, add a headline and short text about whatever story they wanted to cover.

How long the story should be, I dont know. But since it could be in its own popup it could be however long the Journalist wants it to be.
Maybe also have some text commands similar to the announcment commands for joining players. Like $stationname and others.

---

A few ideas for objectives.

"Write a slanderous story about (Random Player/ Deparment)"
"Interview (Random Player/ Random Head of Research/sec/captain etc.) about (some sort of topic related to their job)
"Find out who is a Traitor and write a story about why they chose this path in life" This one could use some tweaking to prevent giving away information about what kind on antags are in this round.

Objective: Interview Jimmy Jam about his career choise of Janitor and what he thinks of $stationame state of cleanliness
Objective: Write a slanderous story about Captain Greytide so his reputation is ruined.
Objective: Interview Engineer Brobotnic about his achivments of making the engine run so well it set fire to half the station.
Objective: Do some investigative Journalism to uncover a conspiracy onboard $stationname.
---

Investigative Journalist could also perhaps get some leniency from the admins for breaking into places to snoop around for a scoop, but security should handle it like any other trespasing staff assistant.

Example

*some sort of date and year*
BREAKING NEWS! CAPTAIN CAUGHT IN SCANDAL WITH CLOWN

*picture of the captain next to a clown*

Captain Martzipan has shown his incompetense for running station "HONK HONK HONK" when he was caught enabling the clown by giving him his spare ID and a taser gun!

---

I don't know how many ways this could be abused, but I guess if someone uses it to write highly offensive stuff it could lead to a job ban.
one round i was inspector and actually bothered to write my inspection report down on paper and no one ever got to read it
imo there should be more visibility in the game for things that players wrote, since finding any of it is very incidental
like. . i dunno, something that lets you browse notes/pamphlets made by players last round while you wait for the next round to start
I've said before in the past, the PDA ought to have some kind of advanced social media thing that among other things, has a blog that the journalist curates and notifies you of changes
(05-10-2017, 07:51 AM)misto Wrote: one round i was inspector and actually bothered to write my inspection report down on paper and no one ever got to read it

generally if you announce a grade over the announcement computers people care. but otherwise nah