Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Gunplay: How do you feel about it?
Make it so that aiming at a certain body part has a chance of doing something. Shooting them in the feet could make them trip. Shooting them in the arms might have a chance at making them drop what they're holding and possibly disable that arm for a short time removing a hand slot for a bit. The head could have a very small chance of blinding them by like hitting them in the eyes or something idk. And for the chest, just a tiny bit of extra damage sometimes by we'll say damaging a vital organ or something.
This came up in another thread, but something worth considering is Beepsky and buddies tendencies to go after people with guns who are trying to help the station

If there was a way to issue gun permits, maybe with a small sticker or patch that you could slap onto your ID that Sec or the HoP could issue out, that could help with that.
(05-10-2017, 11:01 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(05-10-2017, 10:51 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Anyways, I still disagree with it. You're far more likely to run into a situation where the traitor has 5 tasers and you have 0 than one where you're both armed with tasers...Restricted tasers just make them less so.
That was another problem with old implants. An emag would unlock the gun, making the implants only useful for stopping common crewmen and traitors who decided not to get an emag (in which case they usually had a better gun anyway)
I'd say that that was the main problem.  I like the AI turret approach to emagging in cases like this.

Anyways, we're not in yesteryear. Back then sec was fully manned, and we had a station chock-full of assholes ready to tear into anyone who looked at them funny. Your average rampager of today would get their ass handed to them in minutes back then - by the mob, no sec needed. These ain't them days. Definitely not.

I just want tasers out of perp's hands. The min-max way of traitoring shouldn't be 'get tasers'. I don't really care how, but that needs to be changed. It's just dumb.
Stuns are deadlier than lethal guns. Restricting the stun guns to security and encouraging lethal guns for everyone else would fit sec's style a bit better, especially since they get body armor.

That, and I think it should be easier for the crew to obtain ranged weapons. Like, some kind of shady arms dealer who sells garbage pistols or harpoon guns.

Heh. Would be wild if there was a system for custom-made guns and loading special ammunition. Like, shitty single shot guns and rounds that would inherit arbitrarily properties from their reagents, like some totally-not-worth-it-to-code borderlands shit.
(05-10-2017, 05:11 PM)Superlagg Wrote: -snip because it's right above this reply-

I like all these ideas. I try to avoid any non-bullet guns just because they're totally unsatisfying to shoot people with. No blood or loud noises. I think having MORE little improvised guns would make some people move away from chair flipping and toolboxing for self-defense.
if we're getting back into the topic of homebuilt/black market guns, which was probably heavily discussed in certain other threads, keep in mind that shotguns are the ideal simple design to try to emulate, whether your spaceman is building one himself or buying it off a shady space dealer. rifled barrels take a lot more work, a shotgun's smoothbore barrel can often be copied using readily available pipes and other materials. similar can also be said of the ammunition.
Spaceflint-lock muskets and blunderbii; load in some black powder and a bunch of gnarly guff (or soft soft bohrum bullets), then let 'er rip!

Or just make the zip gun stop blowing my dang arms off.
lol

Why blunderbii when you can have... blunderbee! A hand cannon that fires bees! ... or, a handbee that fires bullets!! or maybe just a bee that blunders about? Who knows.

In all seriousness, I do miss custom .22s. I heard they were back and got excited then I hear they weren't and frowned, like, pretty hard. Bottom lip poked out and everything! Yeah I know I know, they were horrible and needed rebalancing and some infusions needed a straight up glock-blocking, but the terror of 'Ohdeargod I got shot what's gonna happen??' was amazing.

I mean, honestly, outside of the one-bullet-one-kill combinations, it wasn't as bad as a decent chemthrower.
(05-10-2017, 08:31 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Spaceflint-lock muskets and blunderbii; load in some black powder and a bunch of gnarly guff (or soft soft bohrum bullets), then let 'er rip!

You could fill it with scrap from the crusher or random tiny objects.

I suppose the instrument tubes/pipes could be used for smaller guns like pistols.

Adding scrap to pipe bombs could turn them into makeshift frag grenades.
hello lads i have shooting knowhow questions for u

our bullets feel a tad slow. should i give up on trying to click -on- the guy im trying to shoot, and try clicking way ahead of where he seems to be scrambling toward? maybe try running closer to him?

also here is a nice video i found where a fellow made his own .410 shotpistol that seems to have a lot in common with our zipguns, and i dont just mean the 2 barrels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwGT5Baeb-Y
I rarely use guns so my opinion is kinda moot, but I always try to shoot behind people if it's a reactionary shot.

If it's a planned shot, I try to lead my target into the projectile; not the other way around. My aim sucks too much for anything else.
hmm. i would see that working well against melee opponents, but other opponents with guns and especially wizards are less likely to rush straight after you, often dancing about a bit instead. still, ill try to keep it in mind
(05-11-2017, 03:31 AM)misto Wrote: hmm. i would see that working well against melee opponents, but other opponents with guns and especially wizards are less likely to rush straight after you, often dancing about a bit instead. still, ill try to keep it in mind

Er have you ever been chased by a wisnerd who took Polymorph and/or Wrath of the clown(WHY AREN'T CLOWNS IMMUNE TO THIS ONE???)? They almost ALWAYS Rush Straight after you if you are someone like the Captain or a member of Sec.
he may have had his cluwnes and polymorphs still cooling down, hence the dancing, but they usually slap down a rathens secret or magic missile first, which more or less decides the engagement from the start
With a taser, if I'm chasing someone, I'll try to wait until they get to choke points until I take a shot, typically when they try to go through a doorway.

If they are returning fire, depends how they are moving.
If they are running in circles, I aim for the center and hope they'll run into it figuring I'll have two chances for the shot to connect