Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Gunplay: How do you feel about it?
I really think armor should be reworked or expanded.

I'm usually told when I complain about getting hit by one revolver bullet and bleeding out seconds later that I should "just wear armor" but the only armor currently available is behind locked lockers and meant for sec/heads. And even then you can't wear space gear with it (it's the syndie special to depressurize everywhere) and it doesn't do anything about lasers. Syndicate command armor is also way too powerful, I emptied a spacker and my energy gun point blank into a guy and he got up seconds later to shoot me dead with a couple revolver bullets.

I sprited a breastplate and there used to be  an armor recipe in the arc smelter but that would rely on working with the material system as well.
How about just taking two sheets of metal and some wire and making a shitty vest. Able to take a few hits before falling apart?
Being able to make Body Armor would be sweet
Still wish we could use the NT armor from the diner to make armored fire and paramedic suits. I mean yeah for makeshift armor that doesn't require access to armor. Two issues are unconexxidablf ah shit I'm tired.
(05-11-2017, 08:50 AM)Arborinus Wrote: I really think armor should be reworked or expanded.

I'm usually told when I complain about getting hit by one revolver bullet and bleeding out seconds later that I should "just wear armor" but the only armor currently available is behind locked lockers and meant for sec/heads. And even then you can't wear space gear with it (it's the syndie special to depressurize everywhere) and it doesn't do anything about lasers. Syndicate command armor is also way too powerful, I emptied a spacker and my energy gun point blank into a guy and he got up seconds later to shoot me dead with a couple revolver bullets.

I sprited a breastplate and there used to be  an armor recipe in the arc smelter but that would rely on working with the material system as well.

You sure that wasn't stims? Or a syndie donk pocket?
Fun fact! It might be a good idea to wear armor instead of a space suit in a breach if you're fighting bad guys! If you dose yourself with a bunch of cryoxodone and salbutamol, you'll probably regenerate faster than they can hurt you! Throw in some donks and aspirin, maybe some meth for good measure, and space will end up being your friend!
(05-11-2017, 03:37 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(05-11-2017, 08:50 AM)Arborinus Wrote: I really think armor should be reworked or expanded.

You sure that wasn't stims? Or a syndie donk pocket?
Yeah, that was definitely a syndie donk pocket.

No way on earth would just armor protect you from a full spacker clip.
I like the way guns work, except that syndicate spackers come with, what, 4 clips? And 2 bullets are a guaranteed kill without immediate, competent, medical help. Which never happens
(05-11-2017, 05:41 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: No way on earth would just armor protect you from a full spacker clip.

What about.... in space-space-space-ace-ace-ace-ace!